Eleven: Table Tennis VR free for 3 days

Associate
Bought this yesterday for half price - Looks great!!

Just need a little more room as I did hit a couple of things on wide table shots!! Really looking forward to putting some time in on this!

Associate
Eleven was one of the first VR games I bought. I've always liked table tennis but never been any good. After playing for around 50 in-game hours I was loving it but getting really frustrated with my technique. I watched a few coaching videos on basic body stance and stroke types and what completely blew me away was that putting the advice into action immediately improved my in-VR ability and enjoyment- I started beating the Semi-Pro AI and can get the odd point against the Pro level.

Such a great feeling game and also a half decent workout if you take it seriously.

I also really like that once you've finished playing a match, exit the menu and you can play knockabout with the same AI.

Soldato
OP
I've had this since it was first released (and had a different name) but I still can't get any spin on the ball as I could in real life.

Great fun though...
This Division 1 table tennis pro was also not happy with Eleven, said he much prefers Racket Fury. Weak AI (he absolutely smashed the legendary AI in Eleven:D, I still cant beat the semi-pro there), lack of practice modes and topspin physics were his major complaints. [I must add these vids are a few months old and may not reflect the current state of affairs]
I followed his recommendations and tried RF, but to me it felt worse, ended up refunding RF and keeping Eleven (Elven). But perhaps you could try it as well and see how you get on there.

Last edited:
Soldato
You know there are a couple of different bats you can use in the game? One is good for doing spin shots, the other is a faster bat?

There are also sliders in the menu that you let the customise the bat to your preference.

Soldato
I'm going to sound stupid now but I bought this on sale and have only played it for a couple of mins...In a game I couldn't figure out how to start another point after the first one! Again I moved on after a couple of mins so not looked into it (I bought a few games in the Humble Bundle sale)...

So daft question. How do you start a point? :)

Soldato
I'm going to sound stupid now but I bought this on sale and have only played it for a couple of mins...In a game I couldn't figure out how to start another point after the first one! Again I moved on after a couple of mins so not looked into it (I bought a few games in the Humble Bundle sale)...

So daft question. How do you start a point? :)

You hit the left trigger to make the ball appear in your hand

Associate
My play space is a rectangle, approx 1.5 x 2.2 metres.
For this game I reset the view so that I have more space side to side than front to back. I find I rarely step back from the table much more than a single step.

Associate
This is on offer for £10.99 on the oculus store right now, so i bought it with the £11 store credit they gave us due to the recent downtime issues.
Only gutted that after picking it up for free, I'm really not going to get time to play until after the weekend.
Looking forward to it none the less.
:D

Associate
My favourite game, at least to last night. playing at semi pro level, leaned to much forward to get a shot going of to the side by the AI opponent, desperate as i was to save the point. So much leaning over that i had to put out my hands onto the table in front of me to keep balance. Of course the table was not actually there...

Back
Top Bottom