Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2021, Imola - Race 2/23

Rate the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
What I would give for even a fraction of Hamilton's luck. If the race wasn't red flagged he would have been a lap down with no hope of getting near the podium.

Luck certainly played a part but I don't think it was as lucky as some people suggest. The rare occasions Hamilton makes a mistake is often in tricky conditions in which case there's an increased chance of safety cars or, as in this case, red flags.

Soldato
It looked like it took Bottas by surprise and he veered left to leave more room. Could be wrong. There was plenty of room already, especially in a sport with the beat drivers who race with tiny margins.
Speaking of which, Verstappen's start was insanely precise. The left wheel was cm from being on the grass, I even wince at the fact he rode the white stripe, those can be just as slippy. Seriously impressive driving, and equally from Hamilton, misjudging the space could easily have had them both out before T1.

Permabanned
5/10 - tough one to score as Hamilton not winning is great but wasnt happy that he lucked in to 2nd place when it should have been a DNF if there was any justice in the world.

Soldato
Also, how many would get stuck.

Mazepin would have probably spun it in the gravel backwards too.

Think majority of the drivers would have done inching forwards and backwards or try to spin the back end round, which you could see Hamilton thinking about after he trashed the front wing but obviously realised it was a lost cause.

Soldato
Why don't you show us how to operate an F1 car in the gravel on hard lock in the wet? I'm sure you'd do much better than a 7 time world champ.

Soldato
Alpine do look pretty dire, especially considering how decent they looked at time last year, a lot of drivers who swapped teams appear to be struggling a bit v their teammate though (Ricciardo v Norris, Sainz v Leclerc, Perez v Max) so I'm not surprised Alonso is doing the same, it was always going to take some time, he's admitted he doesn't fully trust the car yet.

I'm not sure that the drivers are struggling. Alonso for example out qualified Ocon in Bahrain, he had brake failure in the race otherwise would have finished ahead of him. Dani Rico out qualified Noris in Bahrain too. Sainz too has show great pace in the Ferrari just not at the business end of things. Perez looks closer to Max than either Gasly or Albon so far.

I think it's far far too early to say anyone is struggling yet other than Mazepin.

Man of Honour
Seems like he’s a real piece of work when not being reigned in by his PR crew.

In some ways I get his frustration, but that behaviour, and some of these mistakes, could put his Mercedes seat in jeopardy if he isn’t careful. Doesn’t matter what I think, but I highly doubt Mercedes’ sponsors or board will look favourably on yesterday.

Plenty of drivers have acted poorly in the moment, but few go as far as he did yesterday. Outbursts are one thing, physical contact is another.

Man of Honour
I'll regret this, but why?

Oh god, you went there. We’ll all regret it :p

Lol what a chump. He didn't even write that.

Indeed, a VERY different line to his own social media posts and media interview quotes all yesterday afternoon, even after he had time to cool down and review the footage. If it is indeed his own wording, then it shows why you should always sleep before sending that email to your boss :p

Back
Top Bottom