Energy Suppliers

Soldato
I mean you literally said people queuing up for fuel were idiots and morons but w/e.

And then you insisted on implying that that meant every person is an idiot for getting petrol. Obviously some people will need petrol that day, Any sane person would know my comments were directed at all the extra people panic buying causing queues. As I previously said, as if this even needed explaining. Christ.

Soldato
And then you insisted on implying that that meant every person is an idiot for getting petrol. Obviously some people will need petrol that day, Any sane person would know my comments were directed at all the extra people panic buying causing queues. As I previously said, as if this even needed explaining. Christ.

As I said it's a vicious cycle because everyone needs fuel, once panic buying starts it's hard to stop. Seemingly this is too much for your brain to grasp :confused:

Soldato
MSE predicts a 14% rise on the cap in April which given the situation now actually seems not too bad.

(note this is a I think, I tried to find the link but cant find it now, so its either been pulled or I just cant find it and I may be remembering it wrong).

Soldato
Same position here, waiting to here back from Octopus that will go onto standard tariff (which it should do as that’s the default if no fixed tariff chosen)
Yeah I guess prices are going to be mad anywhere. I'll do a uSwitch thing just to see.

We have been fixed with octopus since early 2020 at £60 permonth dual fuel and now in October their quote is £110 per month.

We were slightly underpaying but only just as we have a debt on the account that built up earlier this year but has naturally come down to -£40 left while in the warmer months.

Hard to swallow that almost double cost per month going forward

Soldato
Same position here, waiting to here back from Octopus that will go onto standard tariff (which it should do as that’s the default if no fixed tariff chosen)

I hope you right, for me I never bothered renewing the fixed tariff with octopus and they always put me on the new fixed automatically in the past.

Soldato
Caporegime
You can get a fix from bulb I think but the main issue is the cap requiring them to sell at al loss. That’s only sustainable for as long as you have the cash. We know these companies run on really thin margins.

Ofgem/the government have said the cap isn’t going anywhere but I suppose a uturn isn’t out of the ordinary.

The issue is that you remove the cap and you screw your voting base as the biggest proportion of those who don’t switch and are therefore on variable tariffs are likely old pensioners. Or you keep the cap and screw the suppliers, the other option os to give the magic money tree a shake and see what happens but one way or another we will be paying for it.

Totally. No way around it.
This is big news. We have no say in this.

They can't keep the variable under market rate long term. Because even the big guns will fail.

Could get much worse still too.

Soldato
If this is the SVR. I'm cancelling my switch tomorrow!

https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/standard_variable_r891.pdf

It differs depending on where you are in the country so my figures were from SE.

I ran a few quotes and the cheapest switch / deal I could find was loads more (assumed the EDF SVR would be horrible but it's basically the best deal you could get at the moment).

As far as I can tell nothing is guaranteed or confirmed yet - they've not said what we'll be going onto but the likelihood is the SVR.

Back
Top Bottom