Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Going from Utility Point to EDF, it's easily increased my bill by 50% and that's still summer usage!

Just bear in mind it more a case of you werent being charged enough by utility point so what your paying now seems like a massive hike but in reality its probably what you should have been paying if utility point hadn't been so reckless with their pricing and business model

Soldato
So just received an email from Octopus saying they are taking me on as a customer from Avro.

Handy as I'm currently with them for the Octopus Go.

Soldato
So just received an email from Octopus saying they are taking me on as a customer from Avro.

Same here, any idea how much the variable rate is? As the day avro went under I started my switch to sainsburys @22p for electric and 4.5p for gas

Caporegime
Same here, any idea how much the variable rate is? As the day avro went under I started my switch to sainsburys @22p for electric and 4.5p for gas
Flexible Octopus October 2021 v1

Eco 7 Electricity
Day unit rate:
20.37 p/kWh
Night unit rate:
14.55 p/kWh
Standing charge:
24.46 p/day

Electricity
Unit rate:
19.57 p/kWh
Standing charge:
24.38 p/day

Gas
Unit rate:
3.82 p/kWh
Standing charge:
23.85 p/day

Caporegime

Just received the same email too.

This is an interesting claim in the email.

We will be in touch with your rates and charges soon, but they will be cheaper than anything available from any other large supplier today — and cheaper than the fixed prices we’re currently offering new customers on our own website.

Soldato
Octopus gave me this info RE: flexible rate

Yes, so the current rates for Flexible Octopus are:
Electric ⚡
Unit rate 20.11p/kWh
Standing charge 24.11p/day
Gas
Unit rate 3.95p/kWh
Standing charge 23.85p/day

Soldato
Flexible Octopus October 2021 v1

Eco 7 Electricity
Day unit rate:
20.37 p/kWh
Night unit rate:
14.55 p/kWh
Standing charge:
24.46 p/day

Electricity
Unit rate:
19.57 p/kWh
Standing charge:
24.38 p/day

Gas
Unit rate:
3.82 p/kWh
Standing charge:
23.85 p/day
Any idea when that SVR cap will change, trying to work out 9f I should cancel my switch

Soldato
Hmmm, what to do, I have worked it out with my usage I will be £17 per month worse off letting the switch go though, but I have the stability of a 2 year fix with sainsbuys(under the EDF umbrella apparently) so less risk of going under, or save £17 per month for a few months but with a risk of not getting anywhere near the current deal and prices getting even higher as apparently svr cap is unsustainable and will need to be changed soon.

Last edited:
Associate

I've not had an email yet, does Ofgem normally transfer the whole of the failed customer base from the failed supplier to the new appointed one? Or do they sometimes split it between muiltple suppliers?

IGNORE: Official Octopus takes Avro customers

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publicatio...rs-your-questions-new-supplier-octopus-energy

Soldato
Just looked around and it seems I can't get any gas only supply for less than£0.068kwh.

I'd be happy with Octopus at under £0.04 as I was paying just over £0.03 with Avro.

Soldato
Soldato
Aren't they the biggest after E.on (plus all it's sub brands), Scottish Power, British Gas and SSE. I think bulb and Octopus are fairly similar in size and have around 1.5 million customers each. It drops off significantly after that for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom