Energy Suppliers

Soldato
You must have got a cracking deal to have a standing charge for electric that low, nation average is 20p and they have bee for the last 5 years!

Man of Honour
I am just about to come off a fixed tariff with Utility Point that had standing charges of only 10.499p a day for electricity and gas. My new tariff with Bulb (cheapest option for me) more than doubles the standing charges for both gas and electricity!!

Caporegime
Just started my switch to Avro energy:

Tariff:
Simple and SuperSave
Type:
Fixed for 12 Months
Electricity Standing Charge:
15.750p per day
Gas Standing Charge:
15.750p per day
Electricity Unit Rate:
13.125p per kWh
Gas Unit Rate:
2.966p per kWh

All Rates incl VAT at 5%

Soldato
Had an email from Bulb about installing second gen smart meters, are they worth getting installed?

SMETS2 i take it? Im part of a project at work with the role out of these, mainly to business'. I would personally say do it as it makes for easier and concise billing. There have been a few issues with changing suppliers and minor delays getting supplies setup once they move to a new supplier but the volume that ive seen issues with are considerably low.

If you dont jump now i would say definitely do it in 6-9 months time as all the suppliers including the smaller guys are onboarded to the DCC for SMETS2 now, some of the smaller ones might not be as far on but it should be ok

Soldato
SMETS2 i take it? Im part of a project at work with the role out of these, mainly to business'. I would personally say do it as it makes for easier and concise billing. There have been a few issues with changing suppliers and minor delays getting supplies setup once they move to a new supplier but the volume that ive seen issues with are considerably low.

If you dont jump now i would say definitely do it in 6-9 months time as all the suppliers including the smaller guys are onboarded to the DCC for SMETS2 now, some of the smaller ones might not be as far on but it should be ok

This, absolutely no reason not to have one. I've been installing them for months and only had minor issues with the DCC.

Soldato
This, absolutely no reason not to have one. I've been installing them for months and only had minor issues with the DCC.
Agreed, no more messing about taking reads when changing.... both companies take a read at midnight and the new supplier takes one within 48-72 later to validate the midnight reading is correct

Soldato
Yeah SMETS1 meters will be onboarded to the DCC end of this year, although one of my project leads vaguely mentioned thats delayed again ( at least for my employer)

Its a bad idea tbh, dont know why the DCC should add non compliant systems to an already fragile ecosystem.

Soldato
Its a bad idea tbh, dont know why the DCC should add non compliant systems to an already fragile ecosystem.
All SMETS1 will be onboarded to DCC then reprogrammed from 8 and 6 dial to 5 dial to be compliant... it will be interesting.....

Hence why i say if its SMETS2 go ahead but see what happens if its SMETS1

Soldato
Probably need to switch providers soon, anything out there that compares with these rates I have from EDF?

Electricity unit rate: 13.85p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 18.90p per day

Gas unit rate: 3.206p per kWh

I probably use a bit more electric than gas on average.

Soldato
Probably need to switch providers soon, anything out there that compares with these rates I have from EDF?

Electricity unit rate: 13.85p per kWh

Gas unit rate: 3.206p per kWh

I probably use a bit more electric than gas on average.

Bulb varifair is 20.44 day elec 13.262kwh and 20.44 day gas 3.345 based on next to no info for a quote

Last edited:
Soldato
Bulb varifair is 20.44 day elec 13.262kwh and 20.44 day gas 3.345 based on next info for a quote

Much of a muchness then, I would probably save a bit on electric as I use about 9kwh of that a day, on gas more expensive per unit.

I am trying to get my "MiData" from EDF, but it just says I have used -1 for gas and electric at the moment. If this is the case then I think they owe me money :)

Soldato
Much of a muchness then, I would probably save a bit on electric as I use about 9kwh of that a day, on gas more expensive per unit.

I am trying to get my "MiData" from EDF, but it just says I have used -1 for gas and electric at the moment. If this is the case then I think they owe me money :)
lol TBH you really need to look yourself for your property and for your usage, its hard for others to recommend

Commissario
Thanks guys. The earliest Bulb can offer me a gen 2 smart meter is early September, on days that I won't be at home, so that's that one out the window then!

Back
Top Bottom