Engagement ring for the girl who doesn't wear jewellery.

Soldato
They look amazing! But I fear I would need to sell both kidneys add there is no indication of price!

They are very fair price wise. You would not be getting ripped off if you went there for sure. They actually talked me down speding more on a higher quality diamond then asked me to tell the difference between two stones and I could not. Saved me nearly £2k! Guy doesn't need an excuse to start opening the champagne either!

They made my wife's too (and our wedding rings). We were recommended them as they were friends of a friend. Couldn't fault them.

Yeah, we spent a fair bit with them. Will be going back to them come 5y anniversary for earings no doubt

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If you saved 2k that is waay out of my price point.

I've been having a look online and yes, as I thought the more I look the more I doubt I'd get the right style. I have never seen her even look at a ring

Soldato
Go with option 2

Just happen to stumble across a jewelers when you are out and start looking at rings through the window. Admit you are not sure what sort of engagement ring you would get and go in for a better look. When you find one she likes and in your price range get her to try it on, tell her it looks perfect and would be a shame to take it off then drop to one knee and propose.

Smooth.

Associate
I have never seen her even look at a ring

If you've never seen her look at rings or jewellery then the chances are you're not going to have a clue about her tastes, regardless of how well you know her.

Do you even know if she'd feel comfortable wearing an engagement ring, or are you wanting to buy one purely because it's the done thing?

Could you not buy her something special that has meaning to her, or both of you, for the actual proposal, so that she has something from the actual event? Then afterwards you can decide on a ring together so that she gets something that she not only likes, but feels comfortable wearing.

It's something that she'll potentially have for the rest of her life so you don't want to risk getting it completely wrong, and having that overshadow the proposal.

Caporegime
OP
Tbh I don't know if she would want to wear it. And no, never seen her wear a ring. She has nose stud lip stud and a couple of eat piercings but never a ring, necklace or traditional jewellery

Tbh i hadn't thought of something else. And yes I was looking at rings as it's traditional, more than traditional.

She might like to have a ring but I wouldn't know how to go about finding out!

Last edited:
Soldato
Get her the biggest, most shiny ring you can get and is appropriate to her tastes. Just because she doesn't wear jewellery doesn't mean she won't want an engagement ring!

This +1 - engagement rings are special to a girl, if you can find one to her taste, then go for it.
I couldn't find one I liked, so I proposed with a fake costume ring, and she still has it as it is special and wore it every day until the ring we had made up arrived and then it went into a special box for safekeeping.
Most girls will compare rings, and if she is as serious as you are about the whole thing, a ring will mean a lot to her even if she doesn't wear rings normally as it is an engagement ring.

Most jewellers in Hatton Garden are OK, they key is to haggle and maybe go for a less than perfect clarity to keep the cost down, it won't be noticeable in real life. They cater for all budgets, all the rings in the windows cost thousands, don't be put off, go inside and give them a budget and they will work to it as they all want your business.

Take some effort on the proposal, do it somewhere that means something to you both, and well done for sorting it with the parents first, her dad will forever like you for that, too few people do it now :mad:

Associate
I used a tacky pearl ring from poundland to propose! We had been talking about getting married for a while and had both seen the ring and joked about me proposing with it. I went back and bought it and proposed (not in poundland I might add) then I let her chose a ring she really liked and that was the right size. Comedy does work and it saves spending a fortune on a ring that doesn't fit properly and is not something she really likes.

Dave

Associate
my wife doesnt wear much jewlery; no pieced ears; and only wears necklaces ...
but ya she wants a decent engagement ring to wear ... I got 'lucky' and gave her my great aunts ring (which has a really nice stone in there). But she wants to get a better setting ... anyways ...

she might want to pick it out too -

Caporegime
OP
This is getting harder not easier! :p

I think I will get a ring, and would rather get it before but not unless I can figure it what she wants

Back
Top Bottom