England world cup squad announced

Don
Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

Caporegime
lmfao, Danny Welbeck. Why not one less dross striker for a competent midfielder?

No Shelvey, not even on stand by, so we're set with the same sideways/backwards passing central midfielders as always. Where is the creativity coming from? At least Loftus Cheek is in I suppose, but can we really play Dele and him in the same side?

This is probably the weakest midfield we've had since, well, ever in my life time. Who is he actually going to play in central midfield? Henderson, Dier and?

Henderson - Mr sideways
Dele - Will play behind the striker
Loftus Cheek - Not long back from injury, will play behind the striker if he plays
Lingard - Tries to make things happen at least but not the best
Dier - Not been great this season from what i've seen, but I suppose the best we have as a holding midfielder. What are the other options, Livermore? :/

I foresee Kane not getting a sniff, Sterling missing the chances he's been missing for City all season but only getting one a game so doing nothing. Lot's of passing back to the keeper and sideways, resulting in a long ball over the top to nothing.

Early exit awaits.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A much better mix of in-form, young, hungry players than the usual older but less hungry types. If Southgate's job is safe, let them play how they want, expansive, fast flowing football. Rather than the usual pass sideways for 80 minutes then realise they need to score a goal to win!

Caporegime
lmfao, Danny Welbeck. Why not one less dross striker for a competent midfielder?

No Shelvey, not even on stand by, so we're set with the same sideways/backwards passing central midfielders as always. Where is the creativity coming from? At least Loftus Cheek is in I suppose, but can we really play Dele and him in the same side?

This is probably the weakest midfield we've had since, well, ever in my life time. Who is he actually going to play in central midfield? Henderson, Dier and?

Henderson - Mr sideways
Dele - Will play behind the striker
Loftus Cheek - Not long back from injury, will play behind the striker if he plays
Lingard - Tries to make things happen at least but not the best
Dier - Not been great this season from what i've seen, but I suppose the best we have as a holding midfielder. What are the other options, Livermore? :/

I foresee Kane not getting a sniff, Sterling missing the chances he's been missing for City all season but only getting one a game so doing nothing. Lot's of passing back to the keeper and sideways, resulting in a long ball over the top to nothing.

Early exit awaits.

Hnderson, Mr Sideways? Lol, do you even watch Liverpool matches?

Soldato

Doesn't bode well.

When you racially abuse fellow pros like Shelvey did you cant really expect the FA / Southgate to call you up for the National side.

Liverpool play some of the most attacking football in the league, Henderson is a big part of that. 1/5 of Henderson's passes are backwards, Alli has a higher rate.

I don't think Southgate has a lot to go with to be honest...I'd have taken Lallana myself mind you. I'm not sure why we are talking Rose, Young AND Delph...versatility maybe.

Caporegime
Hnderson, Mr Sideways? Lol, do you even watch Liverpool matches?

i've seen plenty, i've also seen plenty of his England performances. Wait, you mean all of his one league assists this season came from a forward pass? Golf clap.

Its an absolute myth. Henderson is England's best midfielder imo.

Says more about the state of England's midfield than it does of Henderson's ability, he's absolutely average. Unfortunately that's good enough.

Liverpool play some of the most attacking football in the league, Henderson is a big part of that. 1/5 of Henderson's passes are backwards, Alli has a higher rate..

How many are sideways? 4/5?

Last edited:
Soldato
i've seen plenty, i've also seen plenty of his England performances. Wait, you mean all of his one league assists this season came from a forward pass? Golf clap.

Says more about the state of England's midfield than it does of Henderson's ability, he's absolutely average. Unfortunately that's good enough.

How many are sideways? 4/5?

Watch us next week in the Champions League final and see for yourself.

Caporegime
Watch us next week in the Champions League final and see for yourself.

Er, ok. I look forward to Jordan putting on a clinic of creativity and pass variation.

For the record I have no problem with Henderson being in the squad, or indeed starting, but the question still stands.... where is the creativity from midfield coming from? Because it certainly isn't coming from Henderson or Dier.

Last edited:
Soldato
So weak in midfield as someone else said wheres the creativity?

Shelvey should have gone why is lalana on standby or even bear the squad hes played **** all football this season

Soldato
Never been a big fan of Milner but I'd also beg him back. Works his ass off and can swing a golf ball in. We've no elite set piece takers and are lacking flair in midfield. That said English midfielders do lack that flair and it's very limited.

Back
Top Bottom