Enhanced DBS Check

Soldato
OP
I hope you enjoy it mate, I still do after 7 years.

Cheers fella. I honestly cannot wait to start. Everyone I've spoken to says it's a good job and enjoyable.

It's only for Bank work to begin with, but who knows, permanent may be offered down the line? If I take to it/enjoy it

If this the above occurs, I won't have to work in Retail any longer.

Soldato
It's definitely different mate from the NHS I would have thought, I think most of the time they just do day operations with not many inpatients, I might be wrong lol.

Soldato
NHS mortician here. You'll have access to vulnerable people and medical records (sealed) so if they're doing the job properly, they shouldn't give you an unconditional offer until the DBS is back clear.

Man of Honour
Phoned 101 but the team that does occupational checks is closed today. I explained it has been 45 days on stage 4 alone. I was told to call back on Jan 2 2018

If your force is anything like mine, they'll only work Mon-Fri 8-4. So don't be surprised if you call at 5 and nobody is there.

Chances are they won't be able to tell you much anyway.

Soldato
OP
If your force is anything like mine, they'll only work Mon-Fri 8-4. So don't be surprised if you call at 5 and nobody is there.

Chances are they won't be able to tell you much anyway.

I called 101 again today at just gone 11am, and was transferred to a woman in the occupational checks department was barely audible, just mumbling away at me, I couldn't even catch her name, she sounded so bored.

She claimed they'd only received stage 4 on December 22 2017, that I don't really believe, but hey ho, perhaps phoning them give a nudge. But i'd been promised a call back to my Phone with further updates, as she had taken my number. But so far nothing, but I get home to see some progress.

Stage 1 (Application Form received and validated): Completed on 10 Nov 2017
Stage 2
(Police National Computer searched): Completed on 14 Nov 2017
Stage 3
(DBS Children, DBS Adults and List 99 searched, where applicable): Completed on 15 Nov 2017
Stage 4
(Records held by the Police search): Completed on 02 Jan 2018
Stage 5
(Certificate Printed): In Progress

It may be a case of how long is a piece of string, but how long does stage 5 generally take once stage 4 is completed?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Cheers, but should it by rights say in progress or completed? At this present moment?

I suppose I could chase them up if no arrival by next week? I just don't want to become too much of a nag to them. But don't want to lose chance of this job (albeit it bank work). As it could potentially lead to full time...perhaps.

Soldato
Sign up for the update service when it comes though, save this hassle in the future. Mine took an age to come through first time as I've lived in London, Kent, Norn Iron and a short stint in Scotland following work/women :p

Soldato
OP
I've only ever resided in the same town. Other than shortages, laziness, I can't fathom why it taken as long to get to where it has done.

Cheers, that I shall do as soon as this situation is completed.

Back
Top Bottom