enigma@home - Boinc stats team challenge

Soldato
just got in from my night shift and checked the stats :o:o that's some progress

drakioned - I just looked up the price of them cpus :eek: with that amount of cores and the speed of them i bet they fly

have you guys all added the optimized app to your enigma folder ? its a lot faster

PDW

PDW

Associate
At our improved rate, we should be up into third before the weekend. Second may be too much to ask, but we'll have to see about that. :)
Still swapping some over, have some Sztaki to do that got held up when I switched to full SAT mode. So a bit more to come :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
Thought I'd overtake PDW but your pulling away from me now and I've ran out of pcs to throw at it :(
Have you checked under any cardboard boxes lying around ?

Otherwise you can click on the logo at the top of this page, they are very helpful and am sure they will sort something out for you :D

Associate
just got in from my night shift and checked the stats :o:o that's some progress

drakioned - I just looked up the price of them cpus :eek: with that amount of cores and the speed of them i bet they fly

have you guys all added the optimized app to your enigma folder ? its a lot faster

Where can we get the app? is it faster?

and where do we put it? for windows and liunx mint

Soldato
Where can we get the app? is it faster?

and where do we put it? for windows and liunx mint

In windows it's a hidden folder C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\www.enigmaathome.net
64 bit windows apps links are in post 7 of this thread, I believe 32 bit is post 10. Extract the contents in that folder then restart boinc and make sure you finish off your current WUs or delete them as they will all disappear when you restart boinc, you'll know if it's successful as your new work units will be described as anonymous platform at the enigma site.

I've not tried a linux version, there are some in the main engima messages threads but they are old posts. Linux directory is in var/lib/boinc, linux-boinc? something like that, you'll have to do 'sudo nautilus' to put them in there, as they are protected.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Yeah, but I can't find what menu that's in.
Sorry, been busy moving stuff over :)

If you go to the project website and login (http://www.enigmaathome.net/home.php), on your account page it is shown as:

Preferences for this project Enigma@Home preferences

Click on the 'Enigma@Home preferences' link and edit your preferences to say:

Should Enigma@Home show your computers on its web site? no

PDW

PDW

Associate
Having never used BOINC aside from very briefly, what do I need to do? :p
Do you have a recent version of BOINC installed ?

Can get latest for your machine/OS from here:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

You don't need the Virtualbox option for Enigma, can always add it later if you want to do CERN type stuff later.

Once installed, run it and set it to Advanced View, add the Enigma project from the list, follow the prompts to create your account, set your team (that will be OcUK !).

If on Windows...
Stop the project from downloading more work (set No new tasks), you should only get 1 task to begin with anyway. Abort it unless you want to wait for it to finish. Once aborted/finished, exit BOINC. See Hanluc's post on page 1 to get the optimised app and copy all the unzipped files into the hidden folder C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\www.enigmaathome.net

Restart BOINC, set project to Allow new tasks, wait a few minutes whilst Enigma sorts itself out !

Fine tune preferences on the client (ie 24 hours full steam ahead !).
Check work is completed and reported and you appear in the team on the Enigma website.

Hide or don't hide your machine(s).
If not hidden you can be helped to spot problems and see if running the optimised app, your choice.

Back
Top Bottom