EPIC DEAL FROM LG: 34" 144Hz FREESYNC WITH £100 DISCOUNT CODE!!

Associate
how does freesync work if I have a 980ti? will I still get the benefit of smoother gaming over my current Dell U2711?

Soldato
I got one of these from the MM a couple of weeks ago, it really is superb.

It works in World of tanks, PUBG, Squad, Arma 3, hitman, Just Cause 3.

Not tried Overwatch yet.

Not very good on CSGO, but its ok I just play 16:9 and live with a border.

I will never go back to 16:9 now, 34" 21:9 is epic.

I run it with a GTX1080 and it is very smooth. never run G0sync or freesync before so can't comment, but I think it is awesome.

I went for this monitor as it was 45% of the price of the Acer one. I will spend a grand in a few years when HDR 21:9 is the norm.

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed, incredibly impressed, was bit worried with the "Not standard res" but every single game I have played so far has been fine :)

Associate
Grabbed this deal (had been back and forth between different Ultrawide models for a long time and couldn't commit to any at their price range and specs list) ... set it up last night and it took all of 5 minutes before my e-peen e-came. I'm *NEVER* going back to 16:9 for my main gaming screen. Tested maybe 6 games last night - half worked perfectly without a hitch, and all the rest but 1 worked with some minor discrepancy, like 16:9 cutscenes in the Witcher 3 or some effect-overlays that don't stretch (for which there are fixes from WSG if you're into tweaking).

The out-of-the-box calibration is *SERIOUSLY* impressive. All those reviews I read saying the colours are ***** are ludicrous. It's clearly gamer-saturated and probably not colour accurate enough for professional photo editing (I have a 24bit VA panel from Iiyama with around 97% coverage for all that anyway) but for anything other than professional colour-correct use, it's bloody gorgeous.

Also ... I've had a 1440p Dell monitor in the past, and I'm not at all missing the extra resolution in games. Desktop use for 1080pUW at 34" isn't as sharp as it could be, especially if you sit what I would consider too close, but it's not uncomfortable at all. The whole parroted-narrative that 27" 16:9 1080p and 34" 21:9 1080pUW is insufferably pixelated is nonsense IMO, especially for gamers (who this monitor is clearly aimed at).

Now I just need an RX Vega 56 or 64 to push those 120-144hz frames ...

I though this had a free game with it as well?

It was advertised with Ghost Recon Wildlands right up until this sale started, but apparently it ran out. If you're nice to the OCUK staff, they might be able to help you out with something else, however, and the £100 off is more than the cost of Wildlands (which is onsale over at GreenManGaming now for £26).

Last edited:
Associate
I really want this monitor but I need to get a vega first, how long will this deal be on for?

I can't respond to the question, but I'm waiting for Vega too (thinking the RX Vega 56 model is going to be the bang for the buck option) and I'm currently running a gtx970 with the monitor. It's not perfect, but I'll happily play even games like The Witcher 3 on it, at what I consider reasonable settings. Looks gorgeous, smooth enough.

My point is - you don't need to wait for the GPU to come out, necessarily. Playing old titles on slower hardware in ultrawide is still awesome.

Associate
I really want this monitor but I need to get a vega first, how long will this deal be on for?
its 1080P so similar frame rates to most monitors, do you REALLY new the GPU first, as in you can't play ANY games?

The saving on this monitor at 100 quid off is pretty unreal.

I say go screen first, your eyes will thank you for it :D

Back
Top Bottom