Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Caporegime
I've barely tried any of the TR games but I'll gladly claim these, very nice indeed... even if only to sit in my library for years and not get played. :D

On a serious note, good job, Epic. They must be spending an absolute mind-boggling fortune on games at the moment!

Associate
I played some of one of these tomb raiders not sure which, im not even sure which is which in terms of release or order of play but great freebies all the same :)

Soldato
Mate they make billions each year from Fortnite alone. Half billion is pocket change to them.

It's sensationalist reporting. Epic always intended to spend big to launch their platform. Whether the projections come true in the next few years we won't know till then.

If they stopped the exclusivity deals they would immediately turn a profit.

Man of Honour
I think Epic should change their giveaway policy to say you can't get any freebies if you haven't bought a game on that account. They must be chock full of freeloaders, I just got free games for a year or two before I eventually bought Metro Exodus EE for £3.99 or whatever it was earlier this year. That or introduce a subscription model or something.

Soldato
I think Epic should change their giveaway policy to say you can't get any freebies if you haven't bought a game on that account. They must be chock full of freeloaders, I just got free games for a year or two before I eventually bought Metro Exodus EE for £3.99 or whatever it was earlier this year. That or introduce a subscription model or something.
wouldnt be surpise if people sell there epic accounts on places like cdkeys for money...

Caporegime
that's the point of it though to get people using their store.

they get all the metrics etc from people using the store and playing the games too which is probably worth more than money especially seeing as the company isn't publicly traded.
I guess they don't get the same pressure as Blizzard/activision, taketwo etc to milk people constantly

Caporegime

Proud to be a freeloader! I've not missed a single week in their two three years of giveaways right back from the very start with Shadow Complex. And I've not given them a single penny.

Soldato

Freebies brings in players and potential customers. I can't see anything positive coming from the public backlash if they did this because they've been free without condition for some time now.

Proud to be a freeloader! I've not missed a single week in their two three years of giveaways right back from the very start with Shadow Complex. And I've not given them a single penny.

Wasn't Subnautica the first free game? I couldn't find Shadow Complex listed as a previous freebie or listed as free on gg.deals

Caporegime
Wasn't Subnautica the first free game? I couldn't find Shadow Complex listed as a previous freebie or listed as free on gg.deals

You have to go right back to December 2015, so technically it was Epic's first freebie but their store didn't come out until 2018. It was on the precursor to that, a piece of launcher software.

The PC version of Shadow Complex: Remastered can be downloaded for free now as a holiday gift. You have to download the 91MB Epic Games launcher and create a free Epic account if you don't already have one. It's annoying to have yet another digital games launcher on my computer but, hey, free game.

Cinemablend

Back
Top Bottom