Ergotron Neo Flex Lcd Arm Xt Silver : Dell 2405FPW

Man of Honour
i have a question. If you want the monitor quite low down, how far from the back of the desk does the screen have to come forward? If that makes sense, can anyone take a pic of the monitor really low down side on, showing how much room is between back of the desk and the screen?

Associate
Baddass said:
i have a question. If you want the monitor quite low down, how far from the back of the desk does the screen have to come forward? If that makes sense, can anyone take a pic of the monitor really low down side on, showing how much room is between back of the desk and the screen?

Well, if you're referring to the ones I have, the protruding distance is the length of the upper portion of the arm (above the circular adjusting joint), which is approximately 30cm I think plus the slight curvature of the lower half of the arm, adding perhaps 5-10cm I would think. So the total distance from the back of the desk is probably about 35-40cm (plus the depth of your monitor) if the lower and upper portions of the arm were at right angles to each other. I hope that made more sense than it did to me :eek: I'll try and measure it up if I get a chance tonight.

Can't speak for the model HEADRAT is getting though...

Man of Honour
can you take the extension arm out of your model? the one headrat showed in the first post is the standard arm, but the guy took the extension out like in the pics ive posted

what im trying to find out is whats the lowest the screen can go, and then how far out from the back of the desk does it stick. since my desk isn't that deep and i like the monitor quite low, i dont want it sticking out too far

Associate
Baddass said:
what im trying to find out is whats the lowest the screen can go, and then how far out from the back of the desk does it stick. since my desk isn't that deep and i like the monitor quite low, i dont want it sticking out too far
Good point.

Soldato
How high can the stand go whilst being extended forward? Currently my eizo can do 10cm - which isn't high enough. I don't want to find it'll only go high when fulled coiled up e.g. not extended forwards.

Associate
Baddass said:
can you take the extension arm out of your model? the one headrat showed in the first post is the standard arm, but the guy took the extension out like in the pics ive posted

Tbh I haven't tried taking it out...and I thought I had the standard arm(!). Mine hasn't got the third intermediate bit that links the two portions together to allow for the extra movement - mine is exactly the same as the one you posted on that pic with the Shuttle. I've seen that pic before on another forum, but I wasn't aware that he ACTUALLY took the arm apart to remove the middle link, I though he just bought it standard like mine?

My screens can be extended till the base of the screen touches the desk (with the arm still locked - the tft is not actually putting its weight on the desk). In fact, I believe any screen can achieve this, even the Dell 2405's. They are very sturdy but then again the Dell's are considerably heavier than mine so I'm not too sure how it will hold against a full extension...

A full extension on the one HEADRAT is getting may extert more force on the joints of the arm because of the middle link adding extra horizontal length at full extension (I believe).

As mentioned before, on the ones I have, a full extension is only as long as the upper half of the arm when it is perpendicular to the lower half (which is about 30ish cms). The curvature of the lower half of the arm + the depth of your tft is likely to bring the total extension from the back to around 40+ish cms.

Associate
Robert said:
Something I hadn't thought of until speaking with Caged - does the clamp have a tendency to work loose? I don't want it dropping my monitor :/

The clamp to the desk? No. The bit connecting the TFT to the arm? Yes (if you move it often).

Man of Honour
It comes in two versions, the 45-174-300, and 45-160-300. The only differance is that the 45-174-300 comes with the extra extension while the 45-160-300 doesnt. You can remove extension, which will make it exactly like the 45-160-300. So i guess you can take the extension out if you want to havbe it like in the pics i posted.

i reckon if you take the extension out it prob is abotu as far as shown in this pic, prob ok for my desk

img14841fx.jpg

Soldato
I see what you mean Baddass. Moving the monitor back to the wall / edge of the desk is going to raise the monitor.

I will be getting one my self soon, once Ive got an LCD for it. I would be getting the one with the arm extension. If I dont need it then take it out. Would be nice to have the option.

Baddass, it would be a good idea to have a word with Gibbo about sourcing some of the arms for sale here on OcUK. They seem to be very popular and a thing for the future.

Caporegime
With this arm thing here, do you a) adjust it then lock it into position, or b) move it whenever you feel like it without imparing its ability to stay where you leave it?

To clarify: could this be used to raise the monitor out of a child's way, then move it back when using it - every day once or twice per day? Would the hassle be too much, or would it destroy the product simply moving it all the time like that?

Associate
a) Yes
b) Yes and no

I guess you could use it for that purpose. Having said that if you move it too often then the joint that provides the tilt that fixes directly to the tft can become a little loose, in which case you'll have to tighten it with the provided allen key every so often.

Soldato
Haha - just ordered. The delivery charge was 8.50 - but on the website it says "free delivery over £60 - when it SHOULD say "free delivery on orders over £60 EXCLUDING VAT". I asked about it (just the free delivery) and he said it's for over £60 excluding vat...but i could cancel and order somethin for £3 if i wanted free delivery - he then told me to hang on and he double checked the wording of it on the site - came back and said "we need to alter that, i'll refund the £8.50"

:D win!

Soldato
Nice. Its good to ask about if you are entitled to things, discounts etc if things just dont add up.

Good customer service though where you bought it from. You know how long it would take?

Back
Top Bottom