Error Warning!

Associate
Sometimes when I start my pc for the first time of the day I get the following on the boot screen:

"Warning! Now system is in safe mode.
Please reset CPU or Memory Frequency in CMOS setup"

Why am I being given this message? I haven't overclocked, however, I have changed the speeds to that they should be (the RAM installed at a lower speed, as did the CPU multiplier)

Any ideas? I can get round it by pressing F1 to continue but its quite annoying.

Soldato
PilotTait said:
Sometimes when I start my pc for the first time of the day I get the following on the boot screen:

"Warning! Now system is in safe mode.
Please reset CPU or Memory Frequency in CMOS setup"

Why am I being given this message? I haven't overclocked, however, I have changed the speeds to that they should be (the RAM installed at a lower speed, as did the CPU multiplier)

Any ideas? I can get round it by pressing F1 to continue but its quite annoying.

Perhaps the RAM doesn't have enough voltage. My ram was also underclocked due to a low voltage. As for the multiply, are you sure that your PC's power settings are right? Core 2 duo for example, have speed step that will alter the multiplier dynamically.

Associate
OP
Ill increase the RAM voltage a bit, see how it works, Its still below the spec, i think i have my RAM voltage at 2.00 and its range is 1.9-2.3 or something.

As for the power settings, not sure about that, not sure how to check. I have a QX6700 and Iv set the multiplier to 10X so it runs at the spec speed of 2.67GHz

Permabanned
What PSU do you have?

This may be a known issue with your motherboard though...if its not the CMOS battery being flat I would suggest you take a look at your 3.3v, 5v and 12v rails in the BIOS or with hardware monitoring software such as SpeedFan or a utility that comes with your mobo. :)

Associate
OP
ntune.jpg

You said take a look at the 3.3v, 5v and 12v rails in the BIOS...
Thats the tool that comes with the motherboard... That give enough info?

Back
Top Bottom