Escape from Tarkov

Associate
My god, been exploring the Lighthouse map offline and the FPS is atrocious. With a 5 GHz 5900X and super fast RAM, dipping into the 50's FPS in some areas. CPU limited, GPU isn't being maxed out.

Hurray for single threaded games and large maps.

Soldato
Really enjoying tarkov again after a big break, inertia is good, apparent enough to make a difference and becomes natural in an hour or so.

Flea market changes were needed so bad and will stop the boring Chad loadouts, for a while at least.

New map looks fantastic, really outdone themselves on that. Still early days and didn't get many extracts due to not knowing where most were. I did figure out scav grotto exit which is very well hidden.

Soldato
My god, been exploring the Lighthouse map offline and the FPS is atrocious. With a 5 GHz 5900X and super fast RAM, dipping into the 50's FPS in some areas. CPU limited, GPU isn't being maxed out.

Hurray for single threaded games and large maps.

Probably more just server related/patch related lag than anything... Game was super unstable yesterday/higher than normal pings etc as servers were massively overloaded with players/patch etc....

Day 1 of a new map/patch - give it a chance to improve before slating it.

You only seem to moan/negative about the game.... If it's that bad - why do you play it?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I’m all about checking FPS but weird for 1st time despite an overall lower fps across the board the game was soooooo much smoother than 2 wipes back.
See that's weird, I got a couple of Customs runs in and despite FPS being reasonably okay, it felt super sketch, jittery, slow? I don't know how to describe it really. Probably exaggerated by the new inertia system feeling like wading through treacle. May need to have a good play around with settings again as neither CPU or GPU were working as hard as I expected them to be.

Associate
Is this game worth getting right now with the new patch? I'd be a complete noob to the game and playing solo.

I'm in the same boat and this is my first proper wipe. The new user experience is not great, I recommend watching plenty of youtube vids on altering weapons and also using offline mode to learn the maps. It's fun though and even I managed to grab a PMC dog tag in my first game of the wipe. If you are stealthy and reasonably good at FPS games you will do OK.

On the downside it runs terribly, I get around 50 to 55 FPS on a 5700xt and 10700k at 1440 and I noticed a few glitchy periods last night. Also, there is no death cam or map available in game!

Sui

Sui

Soldato
It’s awful for new players, however if you stick with it and invest the time watching guides/learning the game, it’s an incredible experience not offered elsewhere.

My game seems to run fine these days, upgrading to 5600x and 32gb ram massively boosted my performance during the last wipe.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
See that's weird, I got a couple of Customs runs in and despite FPS being reasonably okay, it felt super sketch, jittery, slow? I don't know how to describe it really. Probably exaggerated by the new inertia system feeling like wading through treacle. May need to have a good play around with settings again as neither CPU or GPU were working as hard as I expected them to be.
Update to this, played with settings a little last night and it's now much, much better. I hadn't changed anything from the last time I played (early last wipe), but ended up stopping textures to low (from medium) and removing all anisotropic filtering. Also enabled hardware acceleration on Discord to shift load to GPU from CPU and I think that's helped. FPS terms now sits 90-120 a lot more, the odd dip to 60, but it's made the gunplay feel much more fluid again which is infinitely better than how it felt before.

I was hoping with VoIP that scav-on-scav would happen a lot less, seems that's not the case but it probably isn't helped by "Chat Volume" being 0% by default... And after a couple of poor Customs raids with a mate I ended up with a two-streak survival with both raids being hectic and action packed which was nice to end on a high.

Soldato
Found a Dorms marked room key on maybe my 2nd of 3rd scav run. I think I've ran it about 7 or 8 times now as a PMC. Docs case, keyrool, dog tag case :) and couple of the new guns like the Mk17/Mk18. Very fruitful so far :D

Back
Top Bottom