EURO 2012 Qualifiers 3/4/7 June *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
He'd do crap and bankrupt the FA in the process.

:D

He won't take the job, no transfers to receive a cut from.

Even more funnier:D

I counted two utterly unnecessary swipes at Arsene Wenger in that post by DM. Good work.

Did you expect any less from DM??...i could see it coming a mile off soon as i read the first post:p.

But i have to agree with the person who said England needs a successful international manager and not a successful club manager...perhaps Mourinho but even then i cant see England having much success under him. Plus in all honesty, we should have an English born manager but the problem being who is good enough to take on the England manager job??.

Man of Honour
Djourou has been awful. How does he get in the Arsenal team? Oh wait... :D

Due to us never having a first choice XI to choose from, somebody is always injured. He's below Vermaelen and Koscielny in the pecking order, although he has now overtaken Squillacci (which to be fair, you could do by stalling your engine).

Problem with Djourou is he has a tendency to do some rash challenges in the box so always risk giving away a pen, not saying he didn't need to make that challenge on Wilshere, but as a general point if I was the opposition manager I would be telling my forwards to run at him and try and force him into an attempt to win the ball.

Caporegime
I decided like the England players not to bother with international football anymore. The English 'Elite' know by now as we all do that European football is miles ahead in standard of this tin pot football. They are just going through the motions in front of a manger who for no apparent reason gets millions per year for a part time job.

I'd much rather watch champions league and they can remove this international pap in favour of resting players. Just have an under 21 tournament pushed onto the bigger stage so we can watch a few players go at it until they get 120k per week and the desire to turn up and train together fades.

I didn't watch the game, just the bbc news feed and Ocuk comments, far more entertaining.

Caporegime
I counted two utterly unnecessary swipes at Arsene Wenger in that post by DM. Good work.

Whats your point exactly? Is there a rule that I can't somewhere? Its pretty simple, I drew on previous experience of what happens when you ridiculously drop your inform players for "favoured personel" no matter how crap they are.

Did it work for Wenger this year, no, will it work for Capello in the future, no, did it work in the game yesterday, no. I could have pointed out how it cost Fergie an embarrasing CL final performance, but not a whole lot of other managers are dumb enough to do it.

lol, Arsenal fans having another massive U-turn on a players ability, 3/4's of the season its "Djourou's great" now he's rubbish, same way Arsenal fans thought Denilson was fantastic, for a while, and Diaby, and Song, etc, etc.

Djourou is a clumsy oaf, his tackling, and his simple inability to remain on his feet on so many occasions make him a bit of a joke. Got one yellow, could have got another for being late on Bent, should have got another for clipping Theo, could even have been a red as he was last man back, though it was outside the penalty area.

AS for the excuse of being tired, rubbish, no one looked tired. The performance was bad, as bad as other performances when the team have simply played badly but its been early in the season. Theres always an excuse and when a manager can't see the real fault, the manager isn't worth having. He picked the wrong team, dropped the wrong players and dropped points.

Caporegime
Under 21's are playing really well and looking like a team, I don't know why Capello hasn't bought more in to the first team and dropped the dead wood from the first team.

Yet again, poor management.

Soldato
There are too many examples in football history of average teams winning trophies for people to say the manager has nothing to do with it.

His defensive coaching is all over the place, he plays players out of position, he doesnt pick a system to suit the players, the have no obvious game plan when ever they take to the field, and it just looks rubbish.

I mean ONE up front against Switzerland. ONE striker? against some of the worst defenders in international football?

The Euros next year have the potential to be every bit as humiliating as the last world cup the way things are going.

Soldato
why don't fifa listen to the english public and journalists and ship capello out?

It's not that simple, there's these legally binding things called contracts. Capello has a contract where they (the FA) can choose to sack him if they want to - but it will cost them millions. It's precisely because of this little detail that Capello has been able to keep the job even after the World Cup. The FA literally cannot afford to sack him.

Caporegime
why don't fifa listen to the english public and journalists and ship capello out?

How many top level managers does England have to go through before we finally admit it's the players and lack of decent options that are the fault.

It wouldn't matter if Ferguson, Wenger, Jose and Pepe all managed england, we would still suck because the players don't care. £100k+ for club and champions league football, or warm ups against some east european ****.

Oh look I have a back injury but will be fine to play for (insert top four club) saturday.

I'd rather watch Cambridge United than England huff and puff through 90 minutes of tosh.

Soldato
The players have never been the issue, or the players available to England, the quality has always been there.

ITs tactics, formation and starting line up/squad thats let us down, and thats 99% down to the wrong manager choice every single time. We fire one guy and bring in the most similar manager available who makes all the same decisions.

We need an INTERNATIONAL MANAGER, not a successful club manager, bring in a proven world cup/euro manager rather than anyone but that, and have them pick the team rather than the FA and the readers of the sun.

I agree with some of what you say, however I don't understand where you and others get the notion that the players are there, it's simply a selection of managers forgetting that they exist.

Where are these players? Who are they as I can't seem to think of them.

The technical ability of the England squad (even when all are fit) is nothing short of a disgrace, most of them can barely complete a 10 yard pass when they don't have plenty of time to think about it, apart from a few the movement is frankly laughable.

I was hoping that the debacle that was the world cup would have slapped people in the face just how technically **** poor our players largely are, and if that wasn't enough we've just had the best team in this country made to look like a pub side by Barcelona who are built on home developed players and technical ability in abundance but still we dont get it and think that our players are somehow good enough when the majority are patently not even close. The fact that we finished the game with a front line from a team that were largely complete garbage in the premiership this season is testament to just how bad it is.

The footballing ability in the England side is on par with that of a team at the bottom of la liga, the players from clubs like hercules are more technically gifted than 75% of the England side, and that will win you naff all, you might fluke 1 tournament (which 66 is looking more and more like that, we were far from the best side in that tournament) but you won't do anything more.

Until there is a fundamental change in the way we bring our players on I'm happy to predict thatnwe will win nothing.

Our players are not disciplined enough to play capello style football, and until they loose the Billy big ******** attitude that most of them have then they will nevr get anywhere unless they are surrounded by far superior foreign players. Lampard looks good for Chelsea because he's had truly world class players like makalele and essien to do the donkey work for him, take them away and replace with the likes of Gareth Barry who is comically poor and he's really not very good.

Rooney and Ashley cole are the only two players we have who can be considered world class.

After that we have little until you get to a 19 year old kid who has the ability in abundance, but can't play in the u-21 championships because he might get tired, so his first experience of proper tournament football will be in euro 2012 surrounded by a handful of decent players, a load that are past their best and some more that were simply not good enough in the first place.

He should be playing in the under 21's this summer along with all the other good youngsters we have and they should be being moulded into a system and a squad that can then be brought through to the full side alongside the likes of Rooney, Cole and hart, dawson etc, as a team with a coherent system that works for the players and with experience of playing together in a tournament and with our best players potentially winning an international tournament, then we might get somewhere in the euros or at least the next WC.

Many predicted that germany would be crap at the last world cup, purely based on the fact that they kept a few of their senior players and largely called up the majority of their u-21 side who had been playing together for a few years, and as we so comprehensively beat them in south Africa that proved to be a thoroughly silly idea didn't it? Maybe we could learn something from the Germans, the Italians, the Spanish etc, as they have been consistently there or there a bouts for many years on the international stage while we've been blundering along with the same arcane coaching methods for 40 years now and wonder why we are crap.

Associate
Not to zone in on an insignificant point here, but:

... Ashley cole [...] can be considered world class.
:confused:

If he is, then surely two or three other members of the squad are above that bar too? He's been absent in far too many games to be ever considered that in any significant sense of the word, even leaving aside his 'best'. Chelski's last clash with United proved how easy it is for him to have absolutely no impact on a game whatsoever, and his opposite number in that game, Valencia, was a hardly a 'search and destroy' DM like De Jong.

Back
Top Bottom