Euro 2012 Qualifies - Friday 25-03-11 - Tuesday 29-03-11 - SPOILERS

Associate
Parker, Young, Wilshere and Cole were all superb today. Pretty boring game though!:(

This tbh. I do think some are a little harsh on the side, we can only beat who is front of us (or not as the case may be :p)

I really like parker and wilshire as a pairing, a lot more balance than lampard and gerrard imo (before i get bashed i mean as a pair, not individually)

I thought Rooney didn't do that badly wide left, he was pushed out there by SAF in man u games before last season. And he did a lot better than milner did there, obviously in the heads of the players the game had already been won.

A lot of people don't seem to have time for young on here, especially when rumours re: man u are mentioned. I wouldnt like to say whether he make the step up to liverpool/man u side, but ive always enjoyed him playing in england shirt.

For me it was just a shame that we seemed to get complacent after the second goal and just let wales play, especially in the second half.

Consigliere
Second goal was well worked , then we made sure we win the game and didn't let them back into it . Don't get me wrong I'm no footie armchair expert but I think people are to quick knock our national team!

True, it was an alright goal. I remember smiling when i saw the ball go in but my next thought was "where was their defence?!" and the replay showed them miles away. :p

Man of Honour
Boring, boring game earlier. Pity Bale wasn't playing as that would have made it a bit more interesting, but at least we won :)

Soldato
This is a great Argentina display tonight took 40 minutes for them to score against the USA but they have been playing amazingly well.

Looks like a completely different team to the world cup, great 1-2 football, really quick pace to it and lots of flare.

Permabanned
Decent team out but Wales garbage, was in pub half watching, left pub to a pub with no tvs around 70 min mark

Ireland vs Macedonia was more entertaining

Caporegime
Lampard has 3 assists this year, Wilshere has two. I'd say Rooney is better.

We're only playing one up front today then Young right, Rooney left. Why is that so hard to see :confused: It's the same thing Fergie does for United (except Nani right, Hernandez up front in that case)

Lampard missed half the season and came back clearly to early to help a struggling team, his form is clearly improving, but don't let that stop you comparing them. What about Wilshire, he's played as our DM for the vast majority of the season, its almost like asked to play a specific role he does so. You rarely see him crashing into the opponents box for Arsenal or taking shots, when he does so its usually because forced or normal substitutions change the position he's playing. As a DM he does what we need, stays back, covers, marks runs, makes tackles distributes the ball to those who will create chances.

Then tell the managers who keep playing him there!

Rooney has always operated in that gap between attack and midfield, he loves dropping deep and picking up the ball to distribute it wide or to the other forward.

Rooney wants to play there, Fergie played him as a lone striker many many times and would see him stray back, Fergie then played him as a left winger for a while and Rooney looked the best I've seen him, why, because he started from deep and ran forward, the thing that made him so powerful/defence terrorising in his early career. You don't want him dropping deep, picking up the ball and passing to a winger, who has no striker to get the ball to because Rooney is far too deep, apart from the fact Rooney's passing has never, ever been fantastic, infact quite poor.

As a winger he started deep, ran the ball hard and fast, crossed more than passed, or cut in and shot, thats what Rooney is best out, powerful running and shooting, he's not a good tackler, any braindead idiot can close players down, play to his strengths. The SINGLE season he was prolific in the way Henry/Drogba/Owen/Torres/etc have been he played completely differently, he did NOT drop deep, he spent his time in the box he was FAR LESS involved in every game but far more effective as a striker.

I've said for years, Rooney/Fergie/England manager need to pick a SINGLE POSITION for Rooney and stick with it, multi-role Rooney is rubbish, single role Rooney can be incredibly effective, trying to do everything on the pitch makes you rubbish.

Remember when Parker tried to be an ultra attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder, he ran, constantly all the time and was caught out constantly and rubbish at Chelsea. He runs less, he gets forward FAR less than he used to, he scores far less than he did in his earlier career, he plays one role for West Ham and he's a vastly improved player.

England have improved dramatically because, we've done the simple things, we've started playing Englands most consistant striker, as a striker, and we've started to play Englands most consistant winger(Young) over a range of incredibly inconsistant players, or non wingers like Gerrard who won't stay wide. We've pushed Lampard to the head of midfield which is, again where he's been by a massive margin Englands most consistant assist maker, scorer and attacking midfielder for 6-7 years now in the league.

its almost like, picking players for the roles they are best at, gets the best out of the players, truly, insanely shocking right.

Lampard has looked "bad" for England for 5-6 years for one reason, best English central attacking midfielder for 6-7 years straight, England played him as the DM alongside Gerrard for years, then we started playing Barry who got forward to much and was a woeful DM so Lampard still didn't get forward much.

Pick a system, pick players who fit the roles, not players and mould them into the system you want while out of position.

Caporegime
Scotland side

McGregor, Hutton, G Caldwell, Berra, Crainey, Adam, Brown, Morrison, McArthur, Whittaker, Miller

Brazil side

Cesar, Alves, Lucio, Silva, Santos, Lucas, Ramires, Elano, Jadson, Neymar, Leandro Damiao

Seriously looking forward to watching Neymar play. :D

Back
Top Bottom