Euromillions

Associate
Played 2 weeks ago for the first time in a year or so. They had changed the website and I could no longer find my numbers which was pretty annoying. I can only remember 3 of the numbers.

Soldato
would really love to win this

what would people consider a life changing sum? I wouldn't consider 1mil to be life changing any more, sure it would help and i would not refuse. I guess it depends on really what you consider life changing. Some people that might be no mortgage, others ... a 60ft yacht with a amphibious aston martin

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup, it depends quite how you define 'life changing', going on a mortgage is peoples biggest debts then 150k-200k would allow you to buy a reasonable house and not have to worry about a mortgage. £1mil isn't that much anymore but I would still consider it life changing as interest/investment you should easily be able to earn above the average salary. Being sensible and working to your disposable income would mean you could easily afford decent cars, multiple holidays etc.

Permabanned
Couple of hundred K would be fairly life changing imo. Paying off the mortgage would be awesome. So much more disposable income.

Sort of worries me winning the lottery, suspect some friendships/family would become quite a difficult prospect.(Not that it stops me buying the occasional ticket)

Soldato
It's a funny and mostly abused term, "life changing".

For example, if I win £3 on the lottery then I can use that to buy a sandwich that I wouldn't have had to pay for out of my personal salary. To a miniscule degree, that is life changing.

Obviously a rather silly example that but I was trying to illustrate how open the term is.

I personally consider life changing as the value of winning the lottery that allows you to buy a relatively good home and not have to work again, or worry about finances.

Therefore if I won £200k, albeit that would be awesome, I couldn't even consider packing in work. Sure, I'd never have to worry about a mortgage however my life would continue in exactly the same way.

Soldato
would really love to win this

what would people consider a life changing sum? I wouldn't consider 1mil to be life changing any more, sure it would help and i would not refuse. I guess it depends on really what you consider life changing. Some people that might be no mortgage, others ... a 60ft yacht with a amphibious aston martin

1 million is enough to live mortgage free and my partner would never need to work again, i will have to continue but generally it'll be much more stress-free life.

i would say 4million-10million would mean i could retire and i wouldn't be able to go completely crazy, budgeting well i could have a great life and some nice holidays without to much worry and my kids would have a great start in life

10million+ i would be able to do anything i want without worrying too much about money again.

Associate
£150,000 would change my life enough to qualify as 'life changing' - it'd clear my mortgage and leave enough left over to invest for my children. However, I could see my life returning to 'normal' a few years after as I settle back down and think about moving house, remortgaging, releasing equity to buy a nice car, etc...

For a long term, life changing scenario I'd need several million - enough to forget about having to work-to-live ever again.

/me enters dream world...

Soldato
Agree with above poster - £150,000 gets me on a tagged training course to be an airline pilot. It's my life dream - I don't need anything else, but I know that, shy of a lottery win, it'll never come.

That said, I still have two lines on and will go absolutely nuts if I win the £128m.

Soldato
£500,000+ would be life changing enough, but not massive. You could basically buy a decent house outright and then carry on with life as normal but with no mortgage. I don't think you'd change much other than having financial security.

Man of Honour
£500,000+ would be life changing enough, but not massive. You could basically buy a decent house outright and then carry on with life as normal but with no mortgage. I don't think you'd change much other than having financial security.

You would waste 1/2 a million on one house and carry on as normal?
A house is not that important.
I would spend far far less on a house/business
250k for a small holding.
And then another house outright at 150k.
And another 150k house with a small mortgage.

I certainly would not be carrying on like normal, I would basically be retiring. Just earning a bit of money from part time hobbies on the small holdings. Idea being similar wage to know but zero mortgage, so far better off. Be easy t build up houses if wanted as well.

Soldato
Two tickets, quite a few lines and no one on here is getting a penny if I win :p

rich_zps92929fed.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I run a syndicate at work and opened it up to a few more folk today, 30 people in, 60 lines. Still **** all chance but you've got to be in it to win it.

Also bought 5 of my own lines. ;)

Back
Top Bottom