Europa Universalis IV

Soldato
Every grand strategy game Paradox make is absolutely awesome, so I expect nothing less from the next EU :D

They're extremely complex games, but once you've learnt everything there are so many possibilities and so much stuff to have fun with, top class :)

Associate
Just noticed this out middle of next month. My excitement has just increased loads! Crusader Kings 2 is fantastic and with this running on the same engine will not disappoint :)

Associate
EU3 is one of my favourite games of all time. I did not plan to pre order but the free CK2 save converter alongside the other bonuses are definitely tempting me.

The game itself is fantastic, easier to get into than Victoria 2 and HOI3 and has massive replayability. Risk on steroids is how I often hear it described and it is pretty accurate although you don't have to go for world domination every time. You can have an excellent game focusing on trade and cultural excellence, using money and prestige and even espionage to keep yourself powerful and keep powerful friends.

Associate
I didn't even know about the Crusader Kings converter that is so awesome. The amount of hours I've spent on it and now I can just take my save game over and carry on with my empire. :)

Associate
This game really needs to get more attention. People need to find the patience to sit down and learn them as they are awesome games and time flies while playing them.

Associate
I just realised this is out in two weeks. For some reason I thought it was next year some time. :o

Anyone got any leads on where to buy this? Steam are doing it for £34.99 with all the opening day DLC included, anywhere else?

Soldato
I just realised this is out in two weeks. For some reason I thought it was next year some time. :o

Anyone got any leads on where to buy this? Steam are doing it for £34.99 with all the opening day DLC included, anywhere else?

Digital Extreme edition on GMG is £40 with £7 cash back or £10 GMG credit

Associate
£27.83 on Amazon with Super Saver Delivery, no DLC included. No idea how much the DLC will cost, but likely to be more than the difference in cost with GMG.

Associate
Be aware that if you have CK2 on gamersgate then you have to pre-order EU4 on gamersgate in order to get the correct save converter. All other sellers give the steam CK2 converter which will not work with GG CK2.

Associate
Demo came out yesterday. Seems a bit easier than III from what I've played but I think that's partly down to an easier to understand interface.

Any pre ordered yet or have any feedback on the demo?

Associate
I hope it's at least a bit easier to understand that EU3.

Coming from CK2 (my first Paradox game) I've tried a few times to get into EU3 and simply can't get my head around all the numbers and crazy amount of menus and options.

I really want to get into it, so I hope EU4 is a bit more intuitive interface-wise. I'll play the demo and wait for some Let's Play vids before I decide.

I'd love to take my CK2 nation into the world arena :)

Qel

Qel

Associate
I hope it's at least a bit easier to understand that EU3.

Coming from CK2 (my first Paradox game) I've tried a few times to get into EU3 and simply can't get my head around all the numbers and crazy amount of menus and options.

I really want to get into it, so I hope EU4 is a bit more intuitive interface-wise. I'll play the demo and wait for some Let's Play vids before I decide.

I'd love to take my CK2 nation into the world arena :)

I had that with EU3 it just takes a little time and playing around with a few small games to get past the 'OMG so many menus' stage. Once you get into it though it's a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to EU4. CK2 is just fantastic though.

Back
Top Bottom