European Army

Associate
The German military is a joke, they are poorly equipped and poorly trained. They basically have a token force and rely on the US to defend them as well as pick up the bill for it.

Now the US is cutting back, Germany is getting worried that they might actually have to pay for their own defense. So want to offload the costs on to the rest of the EU instead. Sure France seem enthusiastic now, but they won't be taken for mugs for long.

And why is that? Can you think of any historical reason why Germany might not have spent a great deal of money on it's military over the last few decades? Some event, perhaps, that might have make such a move... unpopular.

Soldato
And why is that? Can you think of any historical reason why Germany might not have spent a great deal of money on it's military over the last few decades? Some event, perhaps, that might have make such a move... unpopular.

It's about time people get over it though. The world is a very different place. No-one is still going on about Second Boer War and saying SA shouldn't have a military, or the Pig war, and claiming it's wrong for the USA to have decent armed forces. Now that all living survivors of WW1have past less and less is said about it, hopefully it will be the same with WW2 soon.

Caporegime
Yet the most seemingly patriotic people are turning to fascist propaganda as we speak, yet they continue to brandish increasingly politicised poppy ornaments while wielding tattoos of Nazi's. The only people forgetting the past is the same people saying this shouldn't happen.

The Germans really don't bloody care about it anymore, they've been attacked with American and Soviet Propaganda since birth.

Caporegime
Don’t care about what?

There's no major ideological theater (Communist Russia, and earlier standard imperialism) to play in anymore, and certainly they don't care about pitiful ideas of grandeur like the US currently does, i'm sure some of them still do, but i feel the majority is level-headed.

Soldato

Not really, NATO has been telling Germany to sort themselves out for years. But German policy seems to be get other people to pay for things.

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm not sure basing decisions in 2018 on what happened in 1938 is the best policy to pursue

Associate
I think we should have a decent military but not use it much, would be happy for the EU to have an army. It's the way forward.

The EU need to compete with the USA and China.

I support the EU, I know I would much rather live in the EU than the USA or China. EU is the best superpower.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I think we should have a decent military but not use it much, would be happy for the EU to have an army. It's the way forward.

The EU need to compete with the USA and China.

I support the EU, I know I would much rather live in the EU than the USA or China. EU is the best superpower.

It needs to be used to be good, otherwise it is an pointless exercise in measuring **** size.

Back
Top Bottom