** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Caporegime
I haven't been laughing at Arsenal but didn't they have an 8-9 point lead with 8 to go, and lost the title with 3 to go?

That is demonstrably horrendous. Up there with the Aguero year for manu, just less dramatic

Man of Honour
I keep hearing how the EPL is the best and most competitive league in the world with 'no easy games', yet in the Bundesliga we had two genuinely mid-table teams with nothing to play for (no chance at all of European qualification or Relegation), one draws away to top of the table Dortmund and the other loses to an 89th minute goal against Bayern. The winners are 5pts ahead of 3rd place, compared to 17pts in the EPL.

Caporegime
I keep hearing how the EPL is the best and most competitive league in the world with 'no easy games', yet in the Bundesliga we had two genuinely mid-table teams with nothing to play for (no chance at all of European qualification or Relegation), one draws away to top of the table Dortmund and the other loses to an 89th minute goal against Bayern. The winners are 5pts ahead of 3rd place, compared to 17pts in the EPL.
Bayern have won it eleven years in a row. That isn't competitive. The rest of the league is pretty competitive (in that it's 90% crap) but you can't call a league competitive when only one team can win it.

Back
Top Bottom