** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Soldato
OP
Muller is magic, he is always in the right spot, always. I was a little confused though as I watched some of the game and couldn't remember where Bayern hit the post 4 times in a row :p

2 assists a goal and off, was it him at half time or a little later. Boateng off at half time, they played for 45 mins then stopped, largely because they were good enough to do so. Did the same against Arsenal midweek really.

Sociedad sucking again under Moyes, they were beaten by the bottom club 2-0 which moved Las Palmas up to 18th, joint on points with Sociedad in 16th with only a better goal difference to show for it. Not conceding loads but can't score... not like an Moyes side at all.

Considering the money they got from player sales and a group stage run in the champs league it's pretty pathetic where they are. The guy who took over from the great manager didn't do a good job but was only there for a year and I believe a new manager(worked under the previous one). Moyes is supposedly experienced and capable at the highest level yet is doing a basically worse job now. Moyes was always 100% wrong for the Spanish league, ultra attacking league was always going to mean a manager who focuses entirely on defence and ruins most strikers to play under him was a disaster waiting to happen.

Have you been watching all the games DM? You'll have to admit they've been very unlucky in a few of their games, they could easily have 9 points more. Youre right in that i don't know where the goals are going to come from, Griezmann is a big loss. Hard to replace someone like that.

I really don't understand where you get this thing about his sides not being able to score goals though. 11/12 season they scored 55, 12/13 they scored 50. Martinez has scored 60 and 48 respectively in his two seasons, thats 3 goals difference over 2 seasons and that's after Martinez spent 30m on Lukaku. Hardly anything to write home about..

He was definitely brave for going out to Spain, very hard for British managers out there...gotta give him credit for that.

Just looking at Moyes season at UTD as well, he scored 2 more goals than LVG in his 1st season there..:o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom