**EV Owners Thread**

Soldato
Couldn't see a thread on the forums so thought I'd make one. Hopefully it can be a good place to discuss everything related to EV, hopefully debunk some myths and for people to find advice.

We're nearly a month into owning a Nissan Leaf (24kWh 2015 Acenta) and it's proving to be a great little car. I traded my old Renault in for £2k off the list price, and it's on PCP for 3 years. We've been slow charging on our drive from the 3 pin plug until yesterday when we had our 3.3kWh PodPoint installed (for free). Mrs is using it mostly to do the school run and short trips around the area.

Favourite feature so far is using the Climate Control feature of the app to preheat the car on the frosty mornings we've had.

Soldato
OP
Paying £150 a month. It costs about £3 for 80miles so about 5per mile. Breaks about even with my Renault running costs which was £120 a month fuel and £30 a month tax. Ish. Not too worried about the depreciation at this point as it's already had most of the hit taken on it. Can always give it back at the end of its worth nothing.

Soldato
OP
There's actually a pretty big demand right now, certainly growing. Some have said that used prices are actually going up! My Renault was worth nothing (seriously they gave me.£50 for it), so I'm doing my motoring for the same price in a newer car that will be worth more than £50 in three years time (I hope!).

Soldato
OP
Maybe i'm missing something but what's the point in the 3.3kwh PodPoint - you can draw about that from a standard UK socket.
Good car the Leaf.

It's slightly faster than a 3 pin. I'm a tightwad and didn't want to pay £100 for the 7kwh. Especially with technology moving as fast as it is. Suits our needs fine; park on drive overnight, charge, ready to go in the morning. The Podpoint is mounted on the wall but the granny charger (3pin) we had to tuck inside the garage after every use which was a bit of a pain.

Back
Top Bottom