Evanescence new album due october

v0n

v0n

Soldato
penski said:
She looked rough as hell when I first saw them seven years ago. I've not seen them live for about three years but she looked even worse then; terrible makeup and she's a munter...Then seeing her without any makeup on the bus later, I nearly gagged.

And where would you see them seven years ago, backstage, on a tour bus?

Permabanned
v0n said:
And where would you see them seven years ago, backstage, on a tour bus?

I was in Munich for my birthday, caught them with My Insanity, Grip Inc, and Samael if my memory serves me correctly.

*n

Soldato
Funny how everytime Evanescence and Lacuna Coil are mentioned, the discussion turns into a who's hotter than thread.

Big Chris said:
Very true, were it not for the new Isis album coming out a couple of weeks later I'd be pulling my ears off and stamping on them just to make sure I don't hear any more Evanescence than is strictly necessary.
LMAO, Isis are an incredible band; the raw emotion, ambience and complex tones used, now that's a mouth-watering prospect.

In that sense, i agree wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
Associate
christinadisplay.jpg

Booyah

Soldato
Those of you with Napster subscriptions, the album is available for download today.

Initial impression is its good stuff, similar in style to the previous album, but possibly a little heavier. Haven't heard any gaffs on the scale of "Tourniquet" yet though :)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The album is less teenage oriented but the group quite visibly lost very influencing co-writter. It's not neccessarily bad thing as the guy was quite repetitive in his arrengements and phrase. Songs are less catchy, more of a "gets through second time you listen" kind of material. This is better album, but make no mistake - there will be no mega hits, no multiplatinum singles and it won't attract the "I listen to Beyonce but this is ok too" audience. There are no mistakes on this album, no confusion, no remixes of old demos or Christian rock ventures .

If they don't get snotty and don't loose themselves in that notorious form of repetitive self indulgence many "gothy" groups shoot their wings with I think this album might be a good indication of solid material to come, first step to their magnum opus, sort of..

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, Christian imagery is even more intense on this album than the previous one. Doesn't bother me much but I can see it alienating some potential listeners.

Associate
Scabia has a hauntingly good voice!

As for the new evanescence album i dont think its as good as fallen.. mind you im loving the last track "Good Enough"

Soldato
penski said:
I actually find it really disturbing when people think that Christina Scabia is attractive...

It's always because they've seen a few (heavily photoshopped) promo pics.

...THE WOMAN LOOKS LIKE CHERIE BLOODY BLAIR!

lacunacoil002vk4.jpg

*n

you probably chose the worst picture you could find :rolleyes:

Associate
I got this morning and liked it, think it will grow like the first one did.

Call me when your sober came in at number 4 yesterday in top 40 which aint bad.

Soldato
C'mon! brainwashing,metal by numbers! this band have no integrity,they're a joke! It's all vanity and self obsession!

If you want to listen to something decent,then get hold of the new Tool or Maiden albums,neither are particuarly catchy but you are rewarded richly with repeated listens.

Edit/ Try some Accept an' all. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom