EVGA AIO on ASUS RTX 2080 Ti?

Associate
Firstly I would like to apologise I have copied and pasted this on a few forums now as no one can appear to help.

Not sure why I didn't come here to begin with as I would imagine this is best place to ask.

Anyway here goes.

Hello, looking for a replacement AIO cooler for this card

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comp...g-graphics-card-10183401-pdt.html#srcid=11026

I have it, it gets toasty with its current cooler while playing FFXV. I looked at the G12 from Kraken but heard of VRM issues. I also saw the EVGA one but unsure if it's compatible. Any other suggestions? I'd rather AIO as it's less hassle.

I found this on scan
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC/XC2/FE HYBRID AIO Watercooling Kit
(Can't post link, it won't let me) for £149.99

It mentions REF in the title, and I read an article online that suggests my card is based on reference design however I am uncertain. Can anyone confirm this and could confirm the EVGA AIO would work on it?

Any help is appreciated.

Associate
I am sure build zoid did a video showing the Nvidia website and which card were reference and the Asus ones weren't. Its on youtube but I cant link it at the mo as I am at work and cant get on it

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Cool, i'll do that. Gives me an excuse to put fresh paste on the die while its apart.
lnP5JxK

That is my ASUS RTX 2080 Ti under the cooler, the thermal paste is already pretty dry. Pretty appalling actually. Also its reference by the looks of it, comparing it to a XC Ultra 2080 Ti it looks identical.

https://imgur.com/a/lnP5JxK

Soldato
I found this on xxxxxxxxx
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC/XC2/FE HYBRID AIO Watercooling Kit

Not that it will help you much as I have the EVGA Black I had mine on pre-order and finally it arrives tomorrow. Cant wait to tame my 2080ti. These coolers are like rocking horse poop.

Although looking at the above picture the naked Asus looks just like my naked EVGA Black 2080ti. Only difference I can see is the fan power on mine I think is parallel to the card but the one in the pic looks at 90deg angle to the card. Whether it makes a difference who knows.

Associate
Not that it will help you much as I have the EVGA Black I had mine on pre-order and finally it arrives tomorrow. Cant wait to tame my 2080ti. These coolers are like rocking horse poop.

Although looking at the above picture the naked Asus looks just like my naked EVGA Black 2080ti.

The EVGA black's cooler looks so thin, its also not an A chip is it. What kind of overclock where you able to achieve?

Associate
OP

Although looking at the above picture the naked Asus looks just like my naked EVGA Black 2080ti. Only difference I can see is the fan power on mine I think is parallel to the card but the one in the pic looks at 90deg angle to the card. Whether it makes a difference who knows.
I've heard the EVGA Black cards are pretty good. Fingers crossed its a A chip. My ASUS card has a A chip.

Here is a picture https://imgur.com/a/GbpISTv

Soldato
The EVGA black's cooler looks so thin, its also not an A chip is it. What kind of overclock where you able to achieve?
I can get around 1850-1900mhz stock boost if I overclock I can get 2050mhz problem is it hits 82c then downclocks because the cooler on it is pretty rubbish IMHO.

I am expecting big things from this extra cooling my 1080ti with a NZXT G12 stayed around 65c or less when gaming and idled 25-30c so with this being a proper AIO cover hoping this will tame it and let the overclock be more stable under lower temps.

Associate
Thats not bad at all tbh! Be interesting to know what chip you actually have. You can get the hybrid cooler and the evga black edition for £1100 from evga which seens a great price

Soldato
Oh woe is me. Fitted the AIO tonight everything was going swimmingly it was holding 55c under load fired up a game and after 5 minutes there was a pop and acrid smell of burnt rubber and the PC rebooted itself. Looks like the card has gone. I think my PC is okay I didnt have the right cable for the onboard gpu but it looked like it was booting to windows judging by the HDD led. Now here's hoping for a successful RMA but I am dreading it. Really hits home how ridiculously expensive these cards are when it dies!

oh and anyone thinking of fitting this the instructions are poor. When you get to step 8 the pictures are wrong and contradict themselves with regards to the VRM cable and pump cable it tells you to wrap the VRM cable counter clockwise but if you do this it wont reach the socket on the VRM cooler.

Associate
OP
I got my EVGA Hybrid kit today and installed not too long ago. Other than the pump sound being slightly annoying (going to fix that with a cable from moddiy) the temperatures are hugely improved. I'd take a picture but its in the case and case tucked away now. Maximum temp I hit is just above 60c, before i'd be hitting over 80c.

Cable in question is called
4-Pin PWM Fan Connector (Female) to 4-Pin Mini GPU Fan Connector (Male)

I picked the HD sleeved one so it doesn't stick out in my case.

This will allow me to bypass the connector used on the GPU for the pump and connect the pump directly to my AIO Pump header on my motherboard, thus allowing me to control the pump speed because while not loud the noise is slightly annoying.

Back
Top Bottom