• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3/SC2 iCX Preorder 3.28.2017

Associate
Glad i got my ftw3 from evga. I'm abroad until the end of April so don't give a monkey s about a delay to start of may

Bottom line, got a great price and they will take the money only when it ships. That's the one issue with here that i don't like.

Associate
So tempting to cancel my pre order now. Once into the £800s it's just another £300 or so to get a Titan Xp. Can also turn into a single slot water cooled card vs the 1080ti custom boards and don't have to wait another month!

Associate
£829.99 :eek:
What's going on with the pricing?

And the other week/earlier in the thread people were getting them for £738 direct from EVGA.

If that's the final price I'm afraid I can't. OCUK should be able to match or at least get close to EVGA's direct price point.

Last edited:
Associate
There is another UK supplier listing the FTW3 for £799.00, but I have now gone full circle and gone with the EVGA 1080TI FE on Amazon for £699.00 which is in stock and due for delivery on Sunday. Feel a bit let down by OCuk as much as I like them as I held off a pre order with EVGA after following this thread.

Plan is to now water cool with EK's new 1080Ti single slot full water block. That's £450 cheaper than the Titan Xp and so £450 towards a future upgrade, makes me feel better about not getting the Xp anyway! Was really tempted as the custom 1080Ti prices increased, but common sense on my part has prevailed I hope!

Soldato
This thread has been the biggest string along ever. EVGA have really done a number on OcUK and the forum members. If I was the rep I would be ashamed to show my face round these parts for some time.

Soldato
OP
This thread has been the biggest string along ever. EVGA have really done a number on OcUK and the forum members. If I was the rep I would be ashamed to show my face round these parts for some time.

They did say they would match price. You and everyone else that was promised the same price that EVGA store had them at have every right to be angry. This isn't the first time both have lied and it won't be the last. Everyone will defend OCUK but there just as guilty. I trust none of them, there here to make money and nothing else.

V F

V F

Soldato

Is that why there has been no more responses on the dimensions of the card... Surely they must know all of the sizes of the card.

Associate
There is another UK supplier listing the FTW3 for £799.00, but I have now gone full circle and gone with the EVGA 1080TI FE on Amazon for £699.00 which is in stock and due for delivery on Sunday. Feel a bit let down by OCuk as much as I like them as I held off a pre order with EVGA after following this thread.

Plan is to now water cool with EK's new 1080Ti single slot full water block. That's £450 cheaper than the Titan Xp and so £450 towards a future upgrade, makes me feel better about not getting the Xp anyway! Was really tempted as the custom 1080Ti prices increased, but common sense on my part has prevailed I hope!

I think I may do the same.
Unless they do something in the next few days Overclockers have lost a sale off of me.

Ebay has a £1 final value offer available this weekend so will sell my 980ti on there. Should fetch more there than anywhere else.

Associate
I think I may do the same.
Unless they do something in the next few days Overclockers have lost a sale off of me.

Ebay has a £1 final value offer available this weekend so will sell my 980ti on there. Should fetch more there than anywhere else.

There are already a fair few listed and that ebay offer will attract a lot more I suspect.

Associate
Why is EVGA so late with this card anyway?

Surely they lost many potential sales to other brands? I always buy EVGA but they have nothing to offer this time around.

V F

V F

Soldato
Just cancelled my pre order with OCuk taking my money somewhere else this time around.

Why do so many shops take the full amount if you pre-order? Some in the past I remember they wouldn't charge you anything until it shipped but that seems to have changed bar a few.

Even high end collectable shops that could range $300 to $4,000 take $25 to a few hundred deposit if you pre-order.

Soldato
They did say they would match price. You and everyone else that was promised the same price that EVGA store had them at have every right to be angry. This isn't the first time both have lied and it won't be the last. Everyone will defend OCUK but there just as guilty. I trust none of them, there here to make money and nothing else.
Well the only thing OcUK did was believe and relay what EVGA told them. Which was then confirmed by the rep. Hopefully lessons have been learnt and I imagine some trust lost.

With regards to pre-orders you can pay through Amazon which then doesn't charge until shipping. It would be better if this was made clearer during the checkout process though.

Back
Top Bottom