• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3/SC2 iCX Preorder 3.28.2017

V F

V F

Soldato
What about the depth of the card since the cooler sits further out towards the side panel. This is the part I might need to dremel for. Don't need the optical bay.

Soldato
Pre order will be before Easter weekend with OCUK.

Other models coming in due course. with all these new coolers a lot of work is going into the GTX 1080Ti custom cards, you will not be disappointed!

My credit card is ready! :D :D :D
Hopefully it will be up tomorrow as I go away on Thursday. :p

OcUK Staff
I preordered already on EVGA site. We want our card now? 3 weeks still :(

Why do you keep complaining about this when Ben said right from the get go as does the EVGA site, no shipments until May 1st, so you ordered in full knowledge you won't get a card until sometime in May. :)

Just spoke with Ben, FTW3 pre-order on OcUK will be sometime tomorrow. :)

Soldato
They've stated that deliveries will take place at the same time, regardless of where you order from. And its meant to be some time this week for OcUK. So no, they're not taking the mic at the moment.

Trump stated he wouldn't bomb Syria and would abolish Obamacare!

here is how it looks from my POV.

EVGA are trying to follow in Nvidia's footsteps and sell direct. Thus cutting out the middle man and making more profit. They offered these cards for pre order direct weeks ago now. Not even up for pre order from retailers. SO you think that they will be available from channel partners at the same time as direct i find that unlikely.

By taking direct pre orders at what is a low price they limit the price channel partners can charge and thus their margin is reduced. A business has to make money somewhere or it would no longer be a going concern.

As someone who has bought EVGA GPU's exclusively for the last 3 generations i find the lack of transparency annoying. To top it off we are all talking about buying the product direct obviously annoying Gibbo.

The only reasons i can see that pre order has not gone up for partners is either stock levels have all been sold direct or they are still arguing/discussing the distribution cost so they can sell at EVGA price and still make profit.

My opinion!

Soldato
OP
Why do you keep complaining about this when Ben said right from the get go as does the EVGA site, no shipments until May 1st, so you ordered in full knowledge you won't get a card until sometime in May. :)

Just spoke with Ben, FTW3 pre-order on OcUK will be sometime tomorrow. :)

If you pay for something and don't have what you paid for we have every right to complain.

Associate
Trump stated he wouldn't bomb Syria and would abolish Obamacare!

here is how it looks from my POV.

EVGA are trying to follow in Nvidia's footsteps and sell direct. Thus cutting out the middle man and making more profit. They offered these cards for pre order direct weeks ago now. Not even up for pre order from retailers. SO you think that they will be available from channel partners at the same time as direct i find that unlikely.

By taking direct pre orders at what is a low price they limit the price channel partners can charge and thus their margin is reduced. A business has to make money somewhere or it would no longerbe a going concern.

As someone who has bought EVGA GPU's exclusively for the last 3 generations i find the lack of transparency annoying. To top it off we are all talking about buying the product direct obviously annoying Gibbo.

The only reasons i can see that pre order has not gone up for partners is either stock levels have all been sold direct or they are still arguing/discussing the distribution cost so they can sell at EVGA price and still make profit.

My opinion!

Trump? That's a bit of a straw man argument, isn't it? Politicians are professional liars, EVGA is a different animal entirely.

I really don't know what's going on between EVGA and retailers, and frankly it's not my concern. I'm waiting patiently for pre orders to appear on OcUK because Gibbo asked and I hold OcUK in high regard as a supplier of the tech toys I like to buy.

Regardless, as far as I can tell they aren't lying about anything and hence not taking the mic.

Soldato
I preordered already on EVGA site. We want our card now? 3 weeks still :(

honestly mate you were better off buying an FE card and then doing an Easyrider shuffle for the FTW3 when it arrives in May.

Ben did say May for first deliveries, no need for the negative vibes, you sound like Gregster when he pre-ordered his MSI Gaming X :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well Ben gave me the bad news this morning, the powers above him have made the decision no special pre-order pricing for resellers. So those who did pre-order with EVGA, well done. These are now available on OcUK but at nowhere near the hoped for pricing.

All I can do is apologise to our customers who waited to buy from OcUK at special pre-order prices, as that won't happening now.
As some form of compensation I am willing to do discounts on 1080Ti cards, so if you are interested, drop a post in the CS section with the title "FAO Gibbo: Do me a 1080Ti or 1080 / 1070 Deal!" and I shall see what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom