Evil Genius 2 (E3 2019)

Caporegime
Still can't wait I just hope its good. Some of it looks too much like a mobile phone game though.
idk it looks a lot like the first game in the trailer, although the art style like at 0:58 does seem a bit meh mobile phone like for a modern game

Soldato
OP
Its up for pre-order with a discount of 15% on steam for £29.74 released March 30th.

Dont normally pre-buy but tempted with this. Might be the game I've been looking for, the type where you think will just play for 10 minutes then before you know it 3 hrs later still playing.

Live stream on Steam at the moment showing the Developer taking you through the game play.

Permabanned
I'll wait for the reviews. I don't think I've actually played a game made by Rebellion either, so I'll be interested to hear what fans of the originals make of it.

And I didn't actually realise this until recently, but they bought the rights to EG2 nearly two decades ago and in all that time all they've done is potter about with a few web based iterations. Just wtf.

Well, at least that explains the way it looks lol.

Soldato
I've just pre-ordered this.

I really like the original- gameplay and just the general 60s spy feel of the game.

I'm hoping for not too many changes and an increased minion count.

Permabanned
Not long now. Still can't get over the look of it lmao. Hope it's not a dealbreaker.

I'm hoping for not too many changes and an increased minion count.

The game does drag a bit with the default minion count, but I think you could edit the .ini file to a max 200.

I'd like a bit more control over the minions though. Not so much direct control, but stuff like building a row of doors onto a rock face just so you can have them guarded looked silly. Or valets that die in droves trying to extinguish fires whilst being shot in the face etc.

Is this 2PointHospital with a different skin? Pre-ordered anyway should pass some time!

Not really. The isometric view and the plonking down of items is the same, but EG2 doesn't have scenarios or anything where you start anew each go. You have your one base (I doubt they'll be two) which you build up throughout the course of the game and do missions from the world map.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not long now. Still can't get over the look of it lmao. Hope it's not a dealbreaker.

The game does drag a bit with the default minion count, but I think you could edit the .ini file to a max 200.

I'd like a bit more control over the minions though. Not so much direct control, but stuff like building a row of doors onto a rock face just so you can have them guarded looked silly. Or valets that die in droves trying to extinguish fires whilst being shot in the face etc.

Yep, you could edit the .ini to increase your minion count, which makes the game much better.

Ugh, the mindless valets running into attacking agents was very annoying.

Evil Genius is probably the closest thing to Dungeon Keeper 2 on steam, I think.

Back
Top Bottom