1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evil within 2

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Mark1989, Sep 13, 2018 at 9:09 AM.

1. Mark1989

Capodecina

So started playing this recently on ps4 pro, it's a huge improvement over the first one in all aspects and looks great on ps4 too imo.

Though I know it's old now I don't recall it being well received and didn't sell all that well as I know it dropped in price quickly too.

Just wondered what people thought here?

I'm on chapter 9, so I'm getting to last part of it all too

2. kinger8938

Sgarrista

I liked the intro. Up until around chapter 4? When you get to explore a small town etc I felt that was really well done but then for me the game became really cheesy and just seemed to drag on a little too much. It's been a while so I can't quite recall what it was in particular that made it feel this way, but I remember just wanting it to end :(

I think I'm in the minority though, most loved it

I just didn't care for the character or his story either really which probably didn't help :D

Still a vast improvement over the original

3. Mark1989

Capodecina

I had that exact feeling with the first, still battled through though.

I get the gripe with the character Sebastian is very wooden in every scenario same with kidman.

This and re7 (re7 vastly superior) show though there is room for this genre it needs more games

4. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Yeah I really wish we got more in the genre. Was gutted when silent hills got axed :(

5. Mark1989

Capodecina

Oddly I never played them through to the end I always seemed to forget about em, I do remember the first one going through the fog at the very start

6. BGGLP

Gangster

Got bored with this and traded it in before I finished it. Was probably quite near the end but just couldn’t be bothered. I preferred the first game. Loved it at first but motivation to finish it wasn’t there.

7. McBain

Capodecina

I really enjoyed it, hope they make a third but based on the sales of 1/2 I doubt they will.

8. Mark1989

Capodecina

True but I never expected a second so always a chance