Exchange server?

Soldato
I'd go with a hosted solution first

You will likely be paying less than £10 a month per mailbox but this gives you the following:

1) Opportunity to see if you need the technology or not without shelling out for SBS/Exchange
2) No need to worry about the server side of things, patching, maintenance, implementation, backups etc.
3) Spam filtering for messages at a domain level
4) Exchange features to support a growing business - you can use mailbox/calendar sharing, delegation for sending on behalf as users, public folders for sharing addresses. You will also get the ability to configure global contacts and distribution lists. Other features such as Out of Office etc.
5) You will be able to expand the number of users simply

Associate
If your not bothered about location of the hosted service I can recommend Sherweb. They are canadian based I believe but offer the cheapest mailbox at $8.95 for a 3GB mailbox. I'm sure if you was to talk to them you could sort something out.

Soldato
Agree - it would be daft to have something and not used it.

Centralised e-mail backup, use of Outlook Web Access (webmail), No need to worry about clients going down and loosing there e-mail, no need to worry about individual mail settings and loosing passwords or changing passwords for POP access, centralised diaries and so much more.

M.

Permabanned
OP
Hmm, having read all the replies (and thank you all for taking the time :)) im really not convinced we need any of the "benefits" that exchange (or indeed sbs) would bring, however i might give a hosted solution a try to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom