Expensive Build, need help

Associate
iraiguana said:
the seasonic 600W psu is excellent if a tad overkill.

also the cpu you could always replace with a opteron 165 or 170 as these can then be overclocked further than the X2's and are not too much more. hope i have not made it much more confusing (also they work on both the boards you have suggested).

They can't. Current stepping Opterons do not clock as high as current stepping X2s

Soldato
OP
HD-018-SA Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-018-SA)
£61.95
For the HD i have selected, i have been told that it is top notch, one of the best, however at another forum geekstogo i have been told to go with the p120 as thats even better, most problems with the one listed are fixed apparenlty with the p120. Quesitons i have are is this true? If so how much better are they? Also how much better are the raptor drives? i am considering these as they appear to be much faster, however im concerned about noise, and that if i will need more storage space?

CA-024-EN Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CA-024-EN)
£89.95
How is that PSU, it seems tro do what i need and is prepered for the future. Any other suggestions with similiar results?

Soldato
Personally i think the Samsung SpinPoint HDD are very good.
The Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU is nice & should serve you well when combined with the rest of your rig.

Soldato
OP
ACESHIGH said:
Personally i think the Samsung SpinPoint HDD are very good.
The Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU is nice & should serve you well when combined with the rest of your rig.
ok then i guess thats my final specs then. Last question ever i promise, so with the PSU it says it supports SLI, i guess crossfire is also supported with it?

Just like to say thanks a million times over and over as i really have had so much very helpful help, and have created such an amazing rig in my opinion, and have lots of confidence when i go to buy this stuff, hopefully next week. Thanks again addy

Permabanned
Nvidia SLI and ATI Crossfire are incompatible with each other. For SLI you'll need identical Nvidia cards x 2 and a Nvidia chipset. For Crossfire you'll need a motherboard with Crossfire chipset, a master Crossfire card and a normal card (both same range ie 1900XT Crossfire and 1900XT normal) Single cards will work in either of course, but two Nvidia's won't work in a Crossfire motherboard, and vice versa (two ATI in Nivida chipset mobo)

Soldato
OP
badbob said:
Nvidia SLI and ATI Crossfire are incompatible with each other. For SLI you'll need identical Nvidia cards x 2 and a Nvidia chipset. For Crossfire you'll need a motherboard with Crossfire chipset, a master Crossfire card and a normal card (both same range ie 1900XT Crossfire and 1900XT normal) Single cards will work in either of course, but two Nvidia's won't work in a Crossfire motherboard, and vice versa (two ATI in Nivida chipset mobo)

what i said was does the PSU support crossfire as it says it supports SLI but i cant seem to see it say crossfire? thanks anywya for what you have said :D :p

Permabanned
Just look for a "SLI" PSU (two SLI power outputs) either modular or fixed, but modular is neater. One in my sig will work for both...same power connector on the video card (ATI & Nvidia)

Soldato
I have the 500w Enermax Liberty and it's a great psu - quiet and has plenty of connectors - my only gripe was the ordering of connections on the cables - sata - molex - sata etc - meant i had to use two cables to power my hdd's as i have two satas and an ide which i couldn't connect cos of the way the cable was ordered but other'n that it's a top choice :)

Back
Top Bottom