F1 2016

Soldato
Oh man I've had some issues with this game...

First, it hung on the loading screen after starting a career - Fixed that by setting the Refresh rate to below "143".

Then I had it give me a total "Black screen" while I was driving - I removed my overclock, and I've not had a problem since.

Fortunately, that seems to be all the issues I've had - I've literally only made it to the 2nd practice of the first race, and now I've started drinking with mates and don't want to ruin my brand spanking new F1 career :p

Will return tomorrow with many races :D

From what I've seen though - I'm impressed - Using just a GTX 970, the races are smooth as silk at 1440p Ultra High, only frame rate collapse is during the laptop and agent cutscenes :)

Soldato
What exactly is "pro career"? Is it just career with all assists off etc?

which keys is it ? i ask as i have xbox symbols on my menu and dont match the same menu screen.

also the difficulty change is greyed out. cant change.

That's strange. I assumed you could change difficulty from the main menu but you can't!

The only way to change difficulty i can see is when the session is loading and the menu for weather/session length etc. pops up. You just use RB? to switch across to "race settings" and it should be in there :)

Soldato
Sold out on cdkeys :(

Really wow purchased it like two hours ago I think on CD Keys got a Steam Key so I must have got the last of his batch...

Anyone not got a mouse pointer for menus? The G29 wheel I have isn't great at navigating the menus.

Also, why can't I turn on skidmark blending? And is it me or are the sparks I saw in preview videos missing?

Handling is superb, GFX not so good IMO on this one. But can't have a it all, its not ugly guess ACR and Project Cars has really spoiled me.

FFB is also as mentioned quite harsh - but got the FFB I think dialed in now.

Soldato
that just made me go ooh forgot, silverstone now has black n white kerbs.. lol

Yeah hot lapping at the moment, this is a good F1 game, replays look better then in game if I'm honest.

Seems codemasters have nailed it this year..

Soldato
Is anyone getting a weird audio glitch, where some cars engines make a weird buzzing sound (almost like rapidly applying throttle then lifting off).
It first happened during the benchmark and i ignored it but now it's happening in races?

Yup, just highest difficulty on everything it looks like!

Definitely won't be trying that too soon :o

Caporegime
ahhh just seen about one issue i was having is to do with running at 144hz.

and the menu being blank.i think that may help with the difficulty setting will try later.any other res and its fine.

Soldato
Cant use my real surname it may cause offence the game says :confused:
Rev counter LED's on G29 don't light up:(

Yes I'm having issues with my G29.

Sensitivity is also a bit off, I normally use 50% but had to whack it up to nearly 80% using Logitech profile.

But it handles really well, I'm still hot lapping etc, to find a setting I really like, they are all feeling good , but I'm sure I can get it dialed right in, racing games with wheels usually take me a few hours to get dialed in...

Back
Top Bottom