F1 2016

Caporegime
Having an issue where it's applying the brake and throttle at the same time. Messing around with the key mapping doesn't seem to work. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 my g27 has never been the same :(

often this is a oldphart says combined peddles.

also there has been recent win 10 update that messes up wheels also if you play through nvidia geforce experience .

Soldato
6 hours in so far and this is the best F1 game by Codemasters to date.

Some of the little details are amazing attention. Like when in the pits you see guys working on the pit wall, crowds are really animated. Radio chatter has the background pit background noises, its little details like this that shows some love has gone into this one..

Its also very competitive - even against the AI. Pratice sessions are also well worth the effort, as objectives help keep the boredom from not setting in, and the AI during races won't gave up that easily.

This is a good game, it also seems to share a lot from dirt rally, delta times for one, graphically it looks a bit like dirt rally as well, its clean looking, but not WOW but still not bad - better in certain conditions.

Associate
Enjoying just hot lapping on time attack, trying to beat your times :)

Can't get close to CaptRave in Melbourne, loosing so much time on the first corner, the 2nd corner then the 3rd corner is tricky, ah you get the idea :D

Associate
How can you see each others times? I want a crack at this :D

Add us on steam, whats your Steam ID?
You can see the times in game or through steam leaderboards.

image.jpg

Looking for more people to post runs :)

Last edited:
Soldato
and our F1 racing days :)

F1 Racing days?

(You mean F1 thread discussion or actual f1 racing on pc?)

And I can see you smashed my time again :D

Right I'm off for an eye test but shall be back!

Incidentally how does the game know that the times set are using the same settings /aids etc/

Or is there a time sheet for each type of aid used etc/

Also whatabout setups etc? Does it take that into consideration?

Man of Honour
OP
F1 Racing days?

(You mean F1 thread discussion or actual f1 racing on pc?)

And I can see you smashed my time again :D

Right I'm off for an eye test but shall be back!

Incidentally how does the game know that the times set are using the same settings /aids etc/

Or is there a time sheet for each type of aid used etc/

Also whatabout setups etc? Does it take that into consideration?

I think you used to race with us in the old F1 games? I could be wrong :p

I think there are individual time sheets, although you can see which aids have been used next to the times.

Soldato
Enjoying just hot lapping on time attack, trying to beat your times :)

Can't get close to CaptRave in Melbourne, loosing so much time on the first corner, the 2nd corner then the 3rd corner is tricky, ah you get the idea :D

+1, but l can't get near Dg and YoungBlood lol.

Well l'm past my prime 61 on meds washed down with Broon Ale thats my excuse anyway.

My 1st F1 game well worth the money.

My steam id add me> BertGrills & DD_US> short for DivventDunsh_US.

Caporegime
rave what is your car set up ? could you put it on steam for melbourne.

liking the game but not being able to change settings and menus blanked out is driving me crazy now. :p

tried the options people are saying but its not working.

Associate

I think if you find his time in game (easy when on friend list) you can load the settings he used directly, so you are both on the same playing field.

+1, but l can't get near Dg and YoungBlood lol.

Well l'm past my prime 61 on meds washed down with Broon Ale thats my excuse anyway.

My 1st F1 game well worth the money.

My steam id add me> BertGrills & DD_US> short for DivventDunsh_US.

Don't know how you play with all assists off :eek: I admit it's a lot of fun with abs off, but no traction control? No thank you kind sir!

Oh and whats the deal with the xbox button config showing when a wheel is plugged in?

Man of Honour
OP

liking the game but not being able to change settings and menus blanked out is driving me crazy now. :p

tried the options people are saying but its not working.

Just the default balanced setup. Haven't got the patience to fiddle :p

Moving to Bahrain I use a higher top speed preset for the straights.

To get the menus working I turned on vsync and the number under it to 2. It worked, but it kills performance. You could do it just to see the settings and once they are set you don't need to bother again in career mode.

Soldato
Got a refund on it..

Just cannot find a decent FOV when using triples.

Did manage a few laps around Canada on the hot lapping, and got down to a 1.15.3 in a Merc, 1.17.3 in a McLaren think. Maybe someone can search for MarKeR on the leaderboard to confirm, that was with again I think medium traction control everything else off..

Do have to say though, that the FFB is probably one of the best I have felt, thats a Fanatec CWS V1, with the F1 rim and a set of CS V3 pedals. The F1 rim even has the speed working..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom