F1 2019 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Hamilton to win again and retire because he's run out of blessings.
Honda to surprise us finally with a good result but ultimately have some reliability issues abd cause Max to throw a tantrum or ten.
Gasly to be completely eclipsed by Max regardless.
Mid field to be chaos until the dev race allows richer teams with parent team backing to move forward then racing will be boring again.
Alonso to be mentioned at least once a race because we just can't get rid of him and he's an easy headline. Seriously, just go away now kthnx.
Race threads to be very quiet because nobody can watch it live anymore unless they want to hemorrhage £££ to Rupert Murdoch.

Murdoch has nothing to do with Sky anymore and hasn't since October last year. He sold his Shares to Comcast when they won the bidding process for Sky.

If anyone is sitting on the fence I have just got through a discounted New Customer deal on the Entertainment pack for £11pm for 18 months. Add on the F1 for £10pm and that's £21pm for the F1, all practice sessions, qualifying and the race and being able to pause, rewind and record for a measly amount. People pay more than that for a night out at the cinema these days! 18m contract, £10pm price for F1 fixed for two years.

Soldato
If anyone is sitting on the fence I have just got through a discounted New Customer deal on the Entertainment pack for £11pm for 18 months. Add on the F1 for £10pm and that's £21pm for the F1, all practice sessions, qualifying and the race and being able to pause, rewind and record for a measly amount. People pay more than that for a night out at the cinema these days! 18m contract, £10pm price for F1 fixed for two years.
Still too much imo. £21pm for 18 months and out of those there will be what, 5 months or so of no F1 races at all? (due to the off season). I find the sky commentators quite irritating to boot. I'm happy with highlights for £0 per month with better commentary.

Man of Honour
Still too much imo. £21pm for 18 months and out of those there will be what, 5 months or so of no F1 races at all? (due to the off season). I find the sky commentators quite irritating to boot. I'm happy with highlights for £0 per month with better commentary.

Every race I find myself waiting for the final 5 or so laps :p - I preferred the honest commentary during the Schumi dominating years, 'yup, this is boring' until F1 management must have given them a kick and now we get all of this false excitement. I really can't stand crofty. Ted has become a self-righteous knowitall too.

Soldato
If anyone is sitting on the fence I have just got through a discounted New Customer deal on the Entertainment pack for £11pm for 18 months. Add on the F1 for £10pm and that's £21pm People pay more than that for a night out at the cinema these days!
A cinema night costing £378 would be a mega session :D

Soldato
really can't stand crofty. Ted has become a self-righteous knowitall too.
Couldn't have said it better myself, both are just frankly unbearable. I know that Ben Edwards makes mistakes but at least he is super enthusiastic and seems a nice guy, and Chandhok is more than a match for Kravitz.

It's a no-brainer...

Caporegime
The few times I've watched the sky show I've not liked it at all.
The commentary is so much worse and OTT.
Given the choice I'd always chose the C4 coverage. The pre shows are more interesting too. The pre show I watched on sky, I can't remember what it was, but it. Was some weird top gear esque episode..

Gutted really C4 don't have the same deal.

Id consider the f1tv cost but no way the sky.
Wonder what threads in here will be like. I no longer have access to skygo

Soldato
Ricciardo will regularly out-qualify Hulkenberg by a couple of tenths and squeak into Q3. Sunday’s are going to be hard work as he’ll be on the 4th/5th row of the grid in a midfield car.

I fully expect him to quit at the end of the season unless he gets offered a seat in a faster car for 2020.

Caporegime
I wish I could watch this year
My two favourite drivers (as people) are in the team I support.
Renault that is.

I think I want the hulk to win the battle

Associate
My couch racer analysis:

Hamilton, mentally is in a good place right now (nothing to prove) although will fight tooth and nail to be a true great, as long as Vettel is in a strong place to threaten Hamilton's throne, will keep on racing.
Leclerc, reminds me of G Villeneuve and I have a gut feeling, the Tifosi will take to - Vettel is under pressure.
Never write off Redbull. I'm not a fan Verstappen (drives dirty) I would not be surprised if RB are faster than MB over the season.

Soldato
I’d like it to be:

Hamilton
Leclerc
Vettel

Mercedes
Red Bull
Ferrari

I expect it to be:

Vettel
Hamilton
Leclerc

Ferrari
Mercedes
Red Bull

The big questions for me are:
  • Is Ferrari’s pace in testing genuine?
  • Will Leclerc end up taking a decent chunk of points off Vettel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom