F1 2020 (codemasters)

Man of Honour
I just can’t justify this with so few changes over last years. Obviously given the year it reflects the actual season poorly too. Maybe when it’s a bit cheaper.

Soldato
Big fan of F1 and would love to play this game. Unfortunately my wheel/seat setup is for VR. I can't actually play this game unless I use a controller.

Gutted.

Ree

Ree

Associate
schumacher edition was only £32 i think i payed on preorder from cdkeys.

need that black livery for the merc in a patch.

Soldato
Big fan of F1 and would love to play this game. Unfortunately my wheel/seat setup is for VR. I can't actually play this game unless I use a controller.

Gutted.

Same, that's another part of the reasoning for me.

I have a folding seat which also has a rig for holding the pedals and steering wheel, but I'd need to faff a lot to get an extra monitor to put in front of me rather than on my desk in order to make it possible and I just can't be bothered with all that effort and expense. My wheel and pedals are screwed on at just the right positions and it'd be a pain to move them back to my desk top arrangement.

So for those reasons, sadly, and for another year, I'll pass.

Man of Honour
Really enjoying this - probably wouldn't have paid £50+ for this on Xbox though.
I will say the handling seems much better than last year and the AI seems much "interesting" - more aggressive and willing to try and overtake and also much more fallible; I've seen plenty of AI car's causing accidents and going off, something I don't think I ever saw on F1 2019; just feels a bit more realistic.

Associate
Had a big system crash playing this earlier, I was about 90 minutes into the career mode doing practice in Melbourne and my PC did a hard reset. There is an outside chance it is my system, but I haven't had that happen on any game before now.
@Metalface Mark try watching youtuber 'TRL Limitless', he holds the WR laptime for Melbourne and has just posted a very helpful video with driving tips and his car setup.

Ree

Ree

Associate
one criticism i do have is there is a very poor selection of helmets etc. they are gonna attempt to nickel and dime us i think.

Soldato
Yes, £50 is expensive but have you not shopped around? You can get this for £28, £29 or £36 depending on the edition you want.

They really should offer "upgrade" options to those that have the previous iteration of the game with a good chunky discount. I can't justify £36 knowing it'll be much less in a few months with patches fixing whatever problems people are likely to find.

Back
Top Bottom