F1 2020 (codemasters)

Associate
I’ve taken the plunge for my first racer since Grand Prix Legends. I dusted off my MS FF wheel and pedals, that were in a box in the garage, and I’m having fun so far. I thought I would have an issue with the old wheel tech but everything is working.

I know Silverstone the best so I’m just doing hot laps around there with assists off to get to grips with the game to start with.

Man of Honour
Typical. First rain, Monaco. I qualify 3rd in the dry - definitely pushing the curb limits. Wet race and just can’t get the feel for it at the moment, really struggling out of the corners. That said, it’s pretty easy to keep people behind on this track and I managed to barge my way into first after the first corner. I’ve since saved the game and quit :p

Associate
Its very meh to be honest.
Same as all the ones before it, its an ok distraction from simracing for a short while.
Ive had my fill after about 75% of my team 50% race distance.
Its a good game , AI are excellent but yet again its miles from being a sim which is fine if your into that sort of thing.

Ree

Ree

Associate
rule change at end of first season! man i cannot go this crap it's gonna undo everything i put my resource points into not just one area but bloody two just to really take the michael. time for a break from it and go back to rage 2. /rant over

Soldato
Just had a epic F1 2020 video game session on AUS weekend using my own team and driver i created.

I qualified 16th ( i did make it to the 2nd qualification) and then started the race in that position.
I had a bad start so had to catch up and eventually made it to 12th before it started to rain!!

The race garage was asking me to change strategy and took me a lap or two to figure out how so i bloody ran hard for like a lap or two in the soaking wet before i switch tyres again for the 2nd time(started soft then went hard halfway through the race)

I then got dropped back down to like 18th :( but then i raced so hard in the wet and on the last few laps was chasing down ocon and reikonen who were 11th and 10th and i got a warning saying i am running out of fuel soon!!

i managed to overtake ocon on the 2nd to last lap and then i was now chasing reikonan. I beat him on the last corner and took 10th!!!!

Man of Honour
I’m really enjoying it, just got 1/2 way in my first season. It’s great to see the AI challenging and taking different lines and being 3 abreast into a corner, but also good to see them making mistakes - locking up, running wide, losing traction etc. I had two battling in front of me only for them to both run deep allowing me to slip by.

Myteam mode is great, especially now I’ve focussed on resource point upgrades (and buying driver perks that give you way more resource points - a feature that I didn’t know about!).

Ree

Ree

Associate
It’s great to see the AI challenging and taking different lines and being 3 abreast into a corner, but also good to see them making mistakes - locking up, running wide, losing traction etc

that is probably my most favourite thing about this years game a very good thing to implement into it takes away the feeling of playing against a computer if you get what i mean.

on a different note my little hissy fit was about nothing as you can get enough points together (with the races left) to pay for all the updates you previously bought, i thought i was gonna be well short but was wrong.

Man of Honour
that is probably my most favourite thing about this years game a very good thing to implement into it takes away the feeling of playing against a computer if you get what i mean.

on a different note my little hissy fit was about nothing as you can get enough points together (with the races left) to pay for all the updates you previously bought, i thought i was gonna be well short but was wrong.

It’s probably similar to last year where you spend points to adapt the parts to the new rules? It’s cheaper than the original cost of the parts development if I remember correctly? I guess some seasons you’ll stand to lose more, more or less as it is in real life F1.

Ree

Ree

Associate
It’s probably similar to last year where you spend points to adapt the parts to the new rules? It’s cheaper than the original cost of the parts development if I remember correctly? I guess some seasons you’ll stand to lose more, more or less as it is in real life F1.

the thing i forgot about was they give you points weekly so thought i was gonna lose a crap load of my major upgrades. it basically just stalls the development of the car for that season.

Man of Honour
Hi.. I can't seem to find and set the damage level to full or even on?

Where in the settings menu Is it?

I just rammed a wall and walked off Scot free on career mode round 3

Switch from ‘casual’ to ‘standard’ and it will show that assist. Not sure if you can do it between sessions during a race weekend. I had the same issue.

I’ve had some fantastic races. Took a 60 grid penalty in Japan, but an early safety car with no one else pitting allowed me to pit and jumped me into 1st - then I just had to manage my tyres. Had another safety car in the US that jumped me into 6th.

Rules change next season - on durability, an area I’ve barely researched. I’m focussing on performance first and I’ll just take the occasional giant grid penalty for now - one per season and you can change everything.

Soldato
Switch from ‘casual’ to ‘standard’ and it will show that assist. Not sure if you can do it between sessions during a race weekend. I had the same issue.

I’ve had some fantastic races. Took a 60 grid penalty in Japan, but an early safety car with no one else pitting allowed me to pit and jumped me into 1st - then I just had to manage my tyres. Had another safety car in the US that jumped me into 6th.

Rules change next season - on durability, an area I’ve barely researched. I’m focussing on performance first and I’ll just take the occasional giant grid penalty for now - one per season and you can change everything.
ok i will try that

I just bought this one the other day and I am really enjoying it. It is very immersive despite not having VR support. I like the way the engine sounds come from behind you and as you pick up speed, you can hear the wind sounds increase as it buffets the windscreen in front of you. The steering and force feedback feels right.

Soldato
Do they have good damage in F1 games now? The last time I played F1 2015 or 2016 I got bored and drove at 200mph into a wall, nothing much happened. 5 years on, do we now have explosions, fire, shrapnel, twisted metal, wheels coming off, debris etc.?

Soldato
Do they have good damage in F1 games now? The last time I played F1 2015 or 2016 I got bored and drove at 200mph into a wall, nothing much happened. 5 years on, do we now have explosions, fire, shrapnel, twisted metal, wheels coming off, debris etc.?
Yeh you get damage now! Trying to finish a lap after smashing your front wing off is...interesting :p

Back
Top Bottom