Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There's potential for musical drivers in 2022, Mick Schumacher is official Ferrari reserve for 11 races Giovanazzi cannot attend. Would be interesting to see Mick perform in a car that isn't a complete dog, if say Le Clerc or Sainz has to isolate for a weekend or two.

Caporegime
There's potential for musical drivers in 2022, Mick Schumacher is official Ferrari reserve for 11 races Giovanazzi cannot attend. Would be interesting to see Mick perform in a car that isn't a complete dog, if say Le Clerc or Sainz has to isolate for a weekend or two.

It would be nice to see, although it doesn't seem that likely to happen. I think Mick has issues with his future now: Ferrari were keen on bringing him in after a couple of years but with Sainz having performed so well I can't see them pushing him out for an unproven Mick and Mick is going to have trouble proving himself at Haas, especially with Mazepin being so bad.

Soldato

Surely Leclerc couldn't get it for an 18th time!! :D

Soldato
It would be nice to see, although it doesn't seem that likely to happen. I think Mick has issues with his future now: Ferrari were keen on bringing him in after a couple of years but with Sainz having performed so well I can't see them pushing him out for an unproven Mick and Mick is going to have trouble proving himself at Haas, especially with Mazepin being so bad.

So much will depend on how each team gets out the gate with the new regs.

However, assuming something close to the order we had, the best chance for musical chairs will be when Hamilton retires. Which while there’s the rumours of him walking away, I think it’ll be another year or 2 before he does. So Mick could be stuck as Haas for that long which would be a shame.

The other option I see for Mick is if he leaves the Ferrari stables and goes to Alpine or Aston if Alonso or Vettel retire.

But we never know, maybe Haas’ master plan of not working on last years car at all will come together and we’ll have another Schumacher WDC :D

Soldato
Mkay.

10 days ago you were posting this was the first season of F1 you've watched and slagging off Bottas as useless, now you're getting the inside scoop on Mercedes driver line up for next year because you work for Mercedes F1.

To say i'm somewhat sceptical that you're telling the truth is an understatement but happy to be proven wrong :p

Caporegime
Bringing this back to F1 2022... I hope we see some nice innovation, it's always exciting seeing how the clever guys and girls navigate their way through the technical regulations to find the crazy loop holes and ideas :cool:

There was some paddock talk and whispers in Abu Dhabi that two teams had supposedly found a loophole and had come up with something performance boosting that other teams didn’t have. Of course nothing concrete nor who started the rumour or which two teams had found the mystery item/design.

Soldato
There was some paddock talk and whispers in Abu Dhabi that two teams had supposedly found a loophole and had come up with something performance boosting that other teams didn’t have. Of course nothing concrete nor who started the rumour or which two teams had found the mystery item/design.
No chance. The testing was run by Pirelli who controlled everything. No team is going to be finding anything of real value given that and the use of mule cars. Like Aston Martin were running a 2 year old RP20 for example.

Caporegime
No chance. The testing was run by Pirelli who controlled everything. No team is going to be finding anything of real value given that and the use of mule cars. Like Aston Martin were running a 2 year old RP20 for example.
Oh sorry, not with the cars at the test, something for next season they reckoned.

Caporegime
oh sure no doubt. Whats worrying is that Ross Brawn has also said that he wont restrict cars this season, so if when a team does find the cheat code then they are going to get a huge advantage.

Well that is nothing special or new, very rarely do innovations get banned the same season.

Anyone who creates a leap ahead, benefits from those gains for the year, while others have to catch up.

Plus the very fact Ross has been party to all the new rule developments from day one, means there is a high chance there will be no massive loopholes, as he will have made sure to write the rules in such a way as there is no alternative interpretations.

I would put good money, on no team finding something that gives a noticeable lasting advantage.

Associate
yeah recent history says they'll let you have stuff it for a season, fduct, dual axis steering etc

I think if someone manages to legally create a load of dirty air for the air behind they might do something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom