F1 cockpit view with halo using VR

Associate
This video gives a good impression of what the halo view is like, as good as anything can using a 2 dimensional video that is. The player/driver is using a VR headset and conveys his thoughts

Soldato
^ Same. Assetto Corsa and iRacing are far more accurate and enjoyable. It's a real shame the big e-sports push that F1 is making is using the Codemasters dross.
I haven't tried Assetto Corsa but have heard good things. I've been playing a lot of Project Cars 2 and really like that.

I don't have enough spare time to justify the cost of iRacing so haven't tried it in about 6 years but it's crazy that F1 haven't invested in that over Codemasters. Maybe now that they've seen how popular the e-sports is they'll look at going in that way when the Codemasters deal is up in 2020/21.

Soldato
I haven't tried Assetto Corsa but have heard good things. I've been playing a lot of Project Cars 2 and really like that.

I don't have enough spare time to justify the cost of iRacing so haven't tried it in about 6 years but it's crazy that F1 haven't invested in that over Codemasters. Maybe now that they've seen how popular the e-sports is they'll look at going in that way when the Codemasters deal is up in 2020/21.

But iracing is not on consoles where the £££ is so they will just renew with a big publisher.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Most people want to fire up a game, choose their favourite driver and blast around the streets of Monaco/Spa etc

VR and full wheel set ups are amazing but then that’s also the niche. They need to sell games to the mass market to survive, so don’t expect them to favour simulation over “arcade” style games.

After all, how many of us have played a game for the first time with all the assists off? It’s not enjoyable watching someone spin and crash until they’ve got the hang of it. That’s not to say it isn’t more rewarding but I’d refer to the first point ^.

I won’t be getting the game purely because I tend to only pick it up every few years when they add big features. Not to mention I don’t have a set up to make use of iRacing and the codemasters console game fills the gap.

Soldato
Most people want to fire up a game, choose their favourite driver and blast around the streets of Monaco/Spa etc

VR and full wheel set ups are amazing but then that’s also the niche. They need to sell games to the mass market to survive, so don’t expect them to favour simulation over “arcade” style games.

After all, how many of us have played a game for the first time with all the assists off? It’s not enjoyable watching someone spin and crash until they’ve got the hang of it. That’s not to say it isn’t more rewarding but I’d refer to the first point ^.

I won’t be getting the game purely because I tend to only pick it up every few years when they add big features. Not to mention I don’t have a set up to make use of iRacing and the codemasters console game fills the gap.
You be surprised.

There are an equal amount of hardcore sim races vs arcade racers. They do sell well

Soldato
The halo looks like such a distraction for the driver. Why can't they have 2 parallel bars running either side of the driver's head?

Associate
OP
I think two parallel bars would impair their vision more. The eyes can 'focus around' the single pillar as the driver is looking past it and also the driver rarely holds a steady gaze straight ahead, they are always looking across to corner apexes and to their mirrors.

Back
Top Bottom