[F1] Gerhard Berger - Out of his mind...

Caporegime
I am seriously worried about your concept of braking.

Just the other day, I was driving along in the forward direction, and used the brakes to stop moving that way! :eek:

I'm almost lost for words. You're going along at 50 mph, you put the brakes on........ you're still going in the SAME direction, just slower, you realise thats not a change in direction, seriously? You realise breaking doesn't instantly stop you, so at 50mph, you put the breaks on, a second later you're going 40mph, still going forward, another second and you're going 30mph, yup you guessed it, forward.

If you maintain the same speed and TURN THE WHEEL you'd be changing your direction, if you break, slow down and are turning, you'd change direction, if you accelerate and turn the wheel, you'd be changing direction.

Changing the direction of the wheels changes the direction of the cars, breaking, slows the car down, they are two entirely separate things.

Seriously, the car was out of control, at probably somewhere still along the lines of 50-60mph minimum, maybe more, the car turned, if he ended up going across the track at 60mph, or 30mph, he'd still be going across the track, just slower.

Keep in mind, firstly, no one has a clue what his foot is doing, breaking or not.

You're down the start finish straight, on a grippy uber designed surface, with 4 tires in direct contact, with the car facing the right direction with both wings putting on hundreds of kilos of downforce, you break, you can break very quickly.

Now, one tire off the ground, one or two flat, backwards, no downforce from the wings, going fairly high speed, on slippy wet grass, you put the breaks on.............you can't break quickly.

Soldato
Why are lots of people so defensive of Webber on this topic? Had it been MSC or similar the knives would have been out and a guilty conclusion drawn. I'm not saying that Webber definitely intended to take someone out but it's certainly a possibility that he wouldn't have minded disturbing someone's race.

Caporegime
Why are lots of people so defensive of Webber on this topic? Had it been MSC or similar the knives would have been out and a guilty conclusion drawn. I'm not saying that Webber definitely intended to take someone out but it's certainly a possibility that he wouldn't have minded disturbing someone's race.

Pique just crashed, fairly tamely with little risk, Schumi hit Hill but side on with little risk, turning into cars that would hit you head on, and in the side pod, there isn't a single driver crazy enough to do that. Schumi on Hill, theres just no chance of anyone dying, the way Webber went across the track, he could have died, hit head on in the side pod, car flips over potentially, there really isn't anyone stupid enough to do it.

Soldato
For a driver who not many seasons ago was slating other drivers for risky moves, Webber has certainly been involved in a lot of highly questionably incidents this season...

I think Berger is spot on with his remarks.

Soldato
For a driver who not many seasons ago was slating other drivers for risky moves, Webber has certainly been involved in a lot of highly questionably incidents this season...

I think Berger is spot on with his remarks.
I 100% agree, me and a few mates discussed this straight after it happened, and we all agreed the way he came back across the track knowing Hamilton and Alonso were close was a bit fishy.

Soldato
On viewing the incident again I think Berger is on to something, and with his experience and knowledge this is certainly not some ill-informed guff from an armchair racer.

Back
Top Bottom