F1 race night?

Soldato
Sorry had to leave at the start of Monza I think it was?

My wife is HEAVILY pregnant and is not feeling too good.

First time racing without traction control..lol.. hence the hilarity.

Good racing.

Man of Honour
Copied from previous page just in case people missed it.

This seems to be very hit and miss.

Spend over an hour in game, but actually only drove 2 laps.

In game chat without a mic seems really awkward with GFWL and I'm not sure my mic was working.

I have a ten slot Teamspeak 3 server, hosted by Multiplay, that basically me and a mate use for co op games.

I don't mind anyone else using it for sorting out F1 races and in game chat, because as it is there's a lot of hanging around and very little racing going on.

The IP address is 85.236.100.27 Port 16847

Download the TeamSpeak 3 client for your OS here http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

You can get the password by emailing my trust or add me to Steam, GFWL, Xfire or Raptr and sent me a chat message.

My Steam, GFWL and Xfire ID are all the same barmyllama

Raptr ID is Barmyllama

I only really use TS3 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday evenings, so please don't be offended if someone gets kicked for me and my mate to use.

Associate
To be fair, the racing line tells lies, it isnt the fastest, I use it mainly for positioning and knowing when to break. Some guys know how to do that without the crutch, which is something I am going to work on acheiving, I swear, all that game there I was either hurtling through a corner at a million miles per hour or tip toeing round. I just want something in between :(

Associate
haha - I did mention to another member that I did not feel the "racing line" would help.

Was a good laugh as always, I'll be making some changes to my personal host settings.

I'm going to take off qualifying, randomise the starting positions. Then it's just majority rules for 10 or 20% races. I like 20% personally as you have to pit etc.

I'll ask on the day for tracklists.

Associate
I like qually though, gives me a chance to practice the track and see where I compare. Also, following people around is quite nice too see what lines they take :D

Associate
I'm easy then really, I'll go with what the majority wants.

Personally, the race is only part that interests me. So far I've noticed it's very rare for the poll sitter to actually be in first at the end of the first corner anyway's haha!

Soldato
Just with qually each race takes like 35-40mins and with no way to join during the session makes it difficult to keep a reasonable group of players. Maybe have qually on weekends only or something?

I enjoy racing online but its a shame that its a port and isn't half as accessible as rfactor is :p

Great racing last night Melbourne was awesome! I got took out on the first bend after starting 3rd, then 1 lap later I got a drive through for overtaking over yellow (I had no choice there was nowhere else to go and the guy in front of me was crawling past the incident). After that I popped out in 4th and kept pushing over took 1 guy and I have no idea what happened to 2nd place. Well with 6 laps to go I'm guessing I was about 10 seconds off the lead in which I kept knocking 1.5-2 seconds a lap off the leader, we both had to pit with 2 laps left in order not to get a penalty. After leaving the pits I was within 6-7 car lengths off the lead he went wide on the 5th corner I think which I was then right behind him and used the slipstream to zoom past!

Felt so awesome as pretty much all of my laps were pretty fast without any spin offs (very unsual for me).

Last edited:
Associate
The fact you cannot join during session is quite poo.

Never the less - they are the cards we have been dealt. Get on with it.

Fact is, we will just have to be more organised upon our race arrangements.

I was a full 8 - 12 grid each race, I'm sure we have 12 people who play this game on this thread alone.

Associate
I think I have most added.

I think we need to have some clarified rules etc.

I'm suggesting, set a time to race (for organised races only) and say leave the server open for 10 minutes while we weed out odd balls and get all invites in. Then we can be sure who is racing will carry on racing.

Back
Top Bottom