F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Halfway through January and it feels like we're still in F1 "winter" but not too long to go until the first car launches in early February.

Announced Car Launch Dates

Williams
: February 5
Stake F1: February 5
Alpine: February 7
Aston Martin: February 12
Ferrari: February 13
Mercedes: February 14
Red Bull: February 15
McLaren: TBC
AlphaTauri: TBC
Haas: TBC

Pre-Season Testing Dates (Bahrain International Circuit)
Day 1
: Wednesday, February 21. 10AM–7PM
Day 2: Thursday, February 22. 10AM–7PM
Day 3: Friday, February 22. 10AM–7PM

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I wish they had some rules on the launches forcing them to show their actual car rather than it basically being a livery unveil. They could have some big glitzy hoopla where they all launch together at the same time at a soulless cringetastic event in Vegas. Liberty Media should pay me for these ideas.

Who cares? Lets be honest the F1 "launch" isn't for us as fans it for their sponsors; let them do what they want

Man of Honour
OP
Surely the Alonso to Merc stuff is just nonsense? Does it even make sense, he'll be 43 at the start of the season turning 44 mid-season, and being a 2-time world champion I assume he doesn't come cheap...

Given you've got Albon, Mick Schumacher, even Ocon as options you'd take any of them over an OAP Alonso? :p

Personally while I'd kind of like to see it I think Alonso is more likely to stay at Aston; especially with future opportunity in sports cars there too; but I don't have an issue with his age if he's quick enough.
Surely a lot will ride on how Russell performs as well though; he needs Merc to see him as a team leader or I can see them opening their cheque book to try and buy out the contract of someone like Norris.

If Russell performs then there's a bigger chance they just chuck someone like Schumacher in for a season I'd say; especially with 2025 being a bit of a dead year with the end of the "regulation era"

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
To be honest I've not heard a lot of bosses mentioned; not heard a mention of Toto Wolff or Eric Vasseur either.
I think its more that they're focusing on the cars (and loving the sound of their own voices) more than anything else

Edit: Just about saw Toto's eye there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom