F1

Soldato

Finally, official. Brad Pitt stars in F1, coming to cinemas Summer 2025.

Feels like years since they first announced this and filmed bits.

Last edited:
f1.jpg

Last edited:
Not a bad teaser that, although I find the subject of modern F1 to be utter boring to watch so it'll be interesting to see how they make this entertaining, as the gimmick of putting the "star in the hot seat" was done better by Cruise in Top Gun 2 for me.

I suspect another Apple funded film where the directors/actors took the free money and didn't try too hard. It will be bad.

There's enough F1 fans to generate some money at the cinema though (plus the new Drive to Survive fans), before going to Apple TV+ streaming. I'm a big enough F1 Fan that I would probably go to watch it at the cinema regardless of the crappy story!

Edit: Looks to be using official F1 logo and team names. I expect it will be advertised for it every race weekend next season, if it's officially licensed etc.

rp2000

Last edited:
I suspect another Apple funded film where the directors/actors took the free money and didn't try too hard. It will be bad.

There's enough F1 fans to generate some money at the cinema though (plus the new Drive to Survive fans), before going to Apple TV+ streaming. I'm a big enough F1 Fan that I would probably go to watch it at the cinema regardless of the crappy story!

Edit: Looks to be using official F1 logo and team names. I expect it will be advertised for it every race weekend next season, if it's officially licensed etc.

rp2000
It's certainly got the support it needs. Been filming during F1 weekends for the last couple of years. Got a motorhome in the paddock, got a garage in the pits, got F2 cars (made to look like F1) that have been built and maintained by Mercedes, Bruckheimer and Hamilton are producers, music by Hans Zimmer. Director did Tron Legacy, Oblivion and Top Gun Maverick, so it should have the flashiness needed.

I'm wishing that it'll be as good as Grand Prix is while desperately hoping that's it's better than Drive

I love motorsport but dear god do I not like films about motorsport. Ford v Ferrari is the only one that is watchable imo and I still cringed during the racing scenes.

The fact they opened the trailer with that cringe bit of dialogue about needing a car for combat does not bode well either.

Want it to be good, expect it to comically bad

Last edited:
The footage of the cars going up Eau Rouge in the teaser is actual footage. The producers got permission to fit a 4k cinema camera to a car for the 2023 Spa race and it was on Gaslys car. They've then digitally edited the footage to look like the film car.

Be interesting to see what else theyve managed to sneak in during a race weekend.

I'll be watching it for sure, I'm just praying it's better than Driven (Which isn't hard, but this is Hollywood)

Twitter investigators have found the actual camera shot from Gaslys T-Cam in the replies.

Last edited:
They’ve been trying really hard, this is a big, big production.
If it was an Apple TV series, I would be all over it, BUT they seem to be much less successful with movies (Napolean, Ghosted and the Family Plan movie were the last 3 I watched and they were bang average or below)

As an F1 fan, off course i'm gonna watch it. Mainly as it's been shoved down our throats over many GP weekends (by the commentators)!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom