FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Caporegime
Denilson is useless.. seriously Arsenal needs to let him go.

Song played like a fool also.

I keep questioning why our top strikers weren't subbed on.. Unbelievable.

Sometimes I have to say in Wenger I don't trust! - When he makes stupid choices like in today's match.

1 up is never enough.. he should know that!

Yes but not playing guys who have warmed up and are professional athletes for 15 whole minutes is more tiring than being forced to play an entire extra 90 minutes in a whole extra game we don't need, Wengers logic is completely sound :rolleyes:

He's an idiot, I've said it time, and time and time again, you can get away with one idiot in the team, you can get away with two, you can't get away with that level of incompetant or simply disinterest in a team. Sagna's crossing was woeful, Song is just rubbish, Denilson is just rubbish, Squillaci didn't do altogether that much wrong, considering he blocked their other best chance of the game and the goal came through somewhere he shouldn't have been its very harsh to blame him.

Should a youth CB get a chance, sure, should he get an entire 90 minutes in his first real appearance for the club, no, should he be on at the end against some fresh legged subs, definately not. Gibbs, I again question just how good a defender he is.

Chamakh, I can't decide if he's rubbish, or just lazy, SO many players join a club, put in effort then call it in. Look at Carew, rubbish, absolutely rubbish for almost two years for Villa, but when he joined, magic. Joins Stoke, gets a couple goals, puts in effort. Sometimes its a confidence thing, players lose their confidence and play as they "really" should do, sometimes they just think they've established themselves and give up.

The commentator said Chamakh was struggling to get to grips with the league, so how come he started off so well, tiredness kicking in, considering he's barely played over the last 2 months and played almost every game in the first couple, I again find that hard to believe.

At the moment he certainly shouldn't be starting games like this with a weakened team as a lone striker where effort is required.

Absolute waste of money, almost every game Bendtner comes on he gets a goal, an assist or is massively instrumental in a goal. Assist today, his runs against Barca helped create the goal for RVP, and he was involved in the move for the second goal(not massively but Song/Denilson would have passed back to Eboue from the same position, Theo would simply have screwed up the pass, or not controlled it). Bendtner is better than Chamakh in every part of his game, so thats 4-5mil a year down the drain on Chamakh. Who saw that one coming, untested cheapo transfer from french league turns out to be pointless.

Caporegime
Denilson is useless.. seriously Arsenal needs to let him go.

Song played like a fool also.

I keep questioning why our top strikers weren't subbed on.. Unbelievable.

Sometimes I have to say in Wenger I don't trust! - When he makes stupid choices like in today's match.

1 up is never enough.. he should know that!

Yep have to say the same..im wondering if its because Denilson gives Wenger a bj or something because i mean seriously...is that the best Wenger can come up with?/...surely he must see that Denilson is about as useful as a tin of uncooked baked beans:p...but seriously why the **** does he keep playing the inept fool??...id love an answer to that as we have much better players than Denilson in our side....hell should have put Arshavin in his role and he would have done a better job :/

Tbh even being 4 up is never enough for Arsenal when we cant finish off teams:p

Caporegime
I think it's a question about what game Arsenal lost just there while dominating possession. I didn't watch the game so don't know the stats but I thought Arsenal drew with Leyton Orient?

That might be a point but, Arsenal dominate most of the games we lose, those Stoke, Sheffield utd's, Fulham's, for YEARS we rarely don't have a lot more posession than our opponents, home and away. Posession means NOTHING< ever, goals win games, when you utterly dominate for so long as we did today, but be so slow about getting forwards, we screw up.

Denilson/Song just bring this attitude to the team, take it slow, really really really slow. Arsenal had success for years with essentially one prevailing attitude in every game, get the ball, get forward, don't let them organise, and it worked. Song/Denilson just bring this incredibly unhealthy "posession wins games" attitude to the team, where a safe pass backwards is better than any chance of losing the ball going forwards. Their passing is abysmal, pass completion is such an "in" thing for commentators to talk about, but its easy to get a high rate when you mostly pass backwards.

Anyway, figuratively speaking we did lose today, the only outcome we really didn't want was a replay :p

Utd may have been a loss for those watching, but they won the game, anything but winning is a joke frankly. Wilshire/Fabregas/Ramsey on today for 20 minutes for Denilson would have won us the game(yes Ramseys on loan, he SHOULDN'T be).

Caporegime
Utterly woeful that we drew with a team like Orient. I wouldn't have risked RVP but I would definitely have started Szczesny, Wilshere instead of Denilson, hell ANYBODY instead of Denilson, playing with 10 men is better than Denilson tbh. :/

GiT

GiT

Associate
tbf Gibson's performed a bit better than Obertan and Bebe. To me they still haven't done enough and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go this summer.

GiT

GiT

Associate
True, but I hear Gibson will probably be keen to move on if he doesn't start getting more PL/CL games.

Soldato
Denilson, Chamakh, Gibbs and the rest have clearly realised that the only way they're going to get to play more games this season is by getting as many replays in the cup as they can.

Soldato
True, but I hear Gibson will probably be keen to move on if he doesn't start getting more PL/CL games.

Actually the exact opposite, Gibson has said over and over again he'd rather be on the bench at United than playing first team football at a mid table club

That attitude will surely change sooner or later though, either that or he wont have a choice in the matter :p

I dont think he's half as bad as most make out and think he'd be ideal for a team like Everton or Sunderland where he'd no doubt bang goals in week in week out and then get praise left right and centre from all over the place but at the moment he's not good enough to play for United possibly due to the other midfielders he's playing with all of whom aren't in the greatest of form themselves

Soldato
Actually the exact opposite, Gibson has said over and over again he'd rather be on the bench at United than playing first team football at a mid table club

That attitude will surely change sooner or later though, either that or he wont have a choice in the matter :p

I dont think he's half as bad as most make out and think he'd be ideal for a team like Everton or Sunderland where he'd no doubt bang goals in week in week out and then get praise left right and centre from all over the place but at the moment he's not good enough to play for United possibly due to the other midfielders he's playing with all of whom aren't in the greatest of form themselves

What have you got against Everton or Sunderland lol

Hes possibly just good enough for Wigan or West Ham lol

Soldato
Chamakh is not good enough. Had my doubts when he was scoring goals as to whether he was strong enough, but its not just that. He's so lethargic in his play. Its painful to watch.

I remember getting slated on here by someone for saying he offers nothing more than Bendtner does. I take it back. Bendtner offers far more. If Bendtner was given the same run of games at the start of the season, in his favoured position, he'd have easily scored as many as Chamakh.

Caporegime
I would give Chamakh a bit more time, he can be useful and he hasn't really had that much to do since van Persie came back, he's never going to be amazing I don't think, but he might still be of use to us, I'd make my mind up after his second season.

Denilson needs to go.
Squillaci needs to go.
Almunia needs to go.
Diaby needs to go.
Eboue needs to go.

I think if we get rid of those and sign another CB and defensive midfielder we'll be good. I don't see why we can't just splash the cash, I haven't seen much of him but I think Jan Verthongen would compliment Vermaelen very well and then we'd have 4 good, dependable CB's, he's young too. I'm not 100% on Song either, some days he has a good solid game and other days he is absolutely dire, I think he isn't consistent enough, I wish we'd just sign someone like De Rossi who is actually established and experienced and good not just at going forward but good at defending too.

I'm getting a little bit fed up of having these players like Song, who play in the first team from a very young age and we have to suffer poor results usually because of their performances while they are learning the game. Give the young players games by all means and I love our policy of making players rather than buying pre-made ones but isn't it time we started complimenting youth with experience? I think with players like Song and the others above we are doing fairly well this season not because of them being in the team, but in spite of them.

Back
Top Bottom