FA Cup Final Arsenal v Chelsea - Saturday 1st August *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Anthony Taylor - Expected nothing less from that bell-end today.

The penalty was debatable, contact started outside the area but on the flip side it saved Azpi from getting a red, plus we were warned countless times before hand when Maitland Niles kept running in behind.

The Martinez handball wasn't even replayed (see below), and Kovacic's red killed the game. VAR has been a major problem all season and this adds more questions. I've no issues with it being used on yellow cards but for second yellows it absolutely should. They should be treated just like straight reds.

Taylor was just being his knobish self throughout the game though - examples like when blew the whistle whilst looking the other way when Tierney (?) went down and instantly got back up in the Arsenal area, then later in the second half completely missed Aubamayananagabanggang pushing Zouma in the back from a corner. Small things like that repetitively happened.

Overall we were crap after the first 15 minutes and Arsenal deserved their win, but I have major issues with Taylor ever reffing a final again. Twice now that tit has ruined it.

Moving forwards we absolutely need to get rid of some of the dead weight and under performers in the side. Rudiger, Christensen, Jorginho, Emerson, Pedro, Kepa, Batshuayi and Barkley can all say bye bye, and that's before you get to the vast numbers out on loan. I trust Frank to make the appropriate signings over the next couple windows, this is where he's now going to be judged.

IMG-20200801-WA0002.jpg

that picture is trash watch the video his hands and ball were on the line when he catches it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwGoKoM061M

Soldato
I was worried they wouldn't turn up after the opening minutes and goal, but eventually they remembered how to play and got a helping hand via Chelsea's fragile hamstrings. A massive result mainly because money is at a premium - I don't think anyone really wants those horrible away trips to the backwaters of the continent, but the EL cash will make a difference.

Now we must bin Ozil and use his wages to give Auba whatever he wants.

Soldato
Anthony Taylor - Expected nothing less from that bell-end today.

The penalty was debatable, contact started outside the area but on the flip side it saved Azpi from getting a red, plus we were warned countless times before hand when Maitland Niles kept running in behind.

The Martinez handball wasn't even replayed (see below), and Kovacic's red killed the game. VAR has been a major problem all season and this adds more questions. I've no issues with it being used on yellow cards but for second yellows it absolutely should. They should be treated just like straight reds.

Taylor was just being his knobish self throughout the game though - examples like when blew the whistle whilst looking the other way when Tierney (?) went down and instantly got back up in the Arsenal area, then later in the second half completely missed Aubamayananagabanggang pushing Zouma in the back from a corner. Small things like that repetitively happened.

Overall we were crap after the first 15 minutes and Arsenal deserved their win, but I have major issues with Taylor ever reffing a final again. Twice now that tit has ruined it.

Moving forwards we absolutely need to get rid of some of the dead weight and under performers in the side. Rudiger, Christensen, Jorginho, Emerson, Pedro, Kepa, Batshuayi and Barkley can all say bye bye, and that's before you get to the vast numbers out on loan. I trust Frank to make the appropriate signings over the next couple windows, this is where he's now going to be judged.

IMG-20200801-WA0002.jpg

Where the contact starts is irrelevant. Im absolutely gobsmacked how many people dont know the laws of the game. Kovacic's sending off was soft however that was his 4th foul since his yellow, he had it coming and Lampard should have taken him off.

When you have people like me saying "Arsenal should run at Kovacic" on 30 minutes then im sorry but Lampard should be questioned. Kovacic loves a tackle.

Martinez is in his box.

How has he ruined two finals? Do you mean when Moses was an idiot and got sent off? That isnt Taylors fault.

Soldato
606 is interesting. Suttons says Auba dived...fans calling saying he didnt. He dived because he had to.

Salah got similar pens the other season and got absolutely slaughtered by fans and media for days afterwards.

Caporegime
606 is interesting. Suttons says Auba dived...fans calling saying he didnt. He dived because he had to.

Salah got similar pens the other season and got absolutely slaughtered by fans and media for days afterwards.

Auba was in on goal and as a defender if your going to be pushing him about you are expecting trouble. I think the keeper would have saved it if he just let him run as he was forced wide.

The most amazing stat is Chelsea had 13 fouls, 5 yellow cards and 1 red. In our game against them they had 18 fouls and 0 yellow cards.

Chelsea are going to miss Willian big time next year if he leaves. Its plain to see when he isn't playing.

Soldato
Where the contact starts is irrelevant. Im absolutely gobsmacked how many people dont know the laws of the game. Kovacic's sending off was soft however that was his 4th foul since his yellow, he had it coming and Lampard should have taken him off.

When you have people like me saying "Arsenal should run at Kovacic" on 30 minutes then im sorry but Lampard should be questioned. Kovacic loves a tackle.

Martinez is in his box.

How has he ruined two finals? Do you mean when Moses was an idiot and got sent off? That isnt Taylors fault.
wow shock horror your backing arsenal?

Caporegime
The only dodgy decision was the second yellow, no more, no less.

It wasn't dodgy at all. It was the totting up of offences. If you have 9 points on your licence but get caught 31 in a 30 you are still losing your licence. When he got his first yellow he should have known to be careful, when he started totting up Frank should have subbed him.

Associate
It wasn't dodgy at all. It was the totting up of offences.

That's how I saw it too (Arsenal), but still thought it was soft for the challenge that earned him the second yellow. That said, the Azpilicueta pen could very easily have been a red (see Luiz v Man City). I can understand why Chelsea fans would be frustrated with the refereeing display, but overall I don't think there is much to quibble at. I strongly fancied an Arsenal win yesterday and I think Lampard potentially played into our hands matching up with the 343/523.

Gaining Europa will make a difference to our resources over the summer, but that aside I have really enjoyed the Europa League over the past two seasons. Superb opportunity to blood younger players and it has been a refreshing change after years of 'Champions League knockout fatigue'. At least for me personally.

Associate

Martinez is in his box.

Ditto! It IS where the contact starts. If the foul is happening earlier then Aubamayang goes flying over in the area, it gets bought back. It wasn't a penalty. Like I said, the flipside to it would have meant Azpilicueta would have got sent off.

Kovacic made a few errors yesterday but he's usually far better than that (and far better than anything Arsenal have the offer). The ref was swayed by the Arsenal players, if he deemed it that serious he'd have sent Kovacic off immediately then gone back to book Ceballos. Frank's error yesterday was not taking Jorginho off sooner and switching system the moment Pulisic went off.

Also:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rule-alexis-sanchez-chelsea-arsenal-cup-final

He's just a terrible referee. He's officiated two finals in the space of a few years and come out as the talking point in both. Apparently we conceded 14 fouls, Arsenal just 2.... 2 in the space of 90 minutes.

As much as it pains me Arsenal were the better team, but only the most myopic supporter would think Taylor didn't have a major influence over it.

Don
Not related to this game but I wanted to congratulate my local team and where I lived as a kid, Harrogate Town. Back in the FL after 106 years. I still get to a few games a season and managed to fit one in before lockdown. They have to get rid of their 3G pitch now and get grass in!

Caporegime
Ditto! It IS where the contact starts. If the foul is happening earlier then Aubamayang goes flying over in the area, it gets bought back. It wasn't a penalty. Like I said, the flipside to it would have meant Azpilicueta would have got sent off.

Kovacic made a few errors yesterday but he's usually far better than that (and far better than anything Arsenal have the offer). The ref was swayed by the Arsenal players, if he deemed it that serious he'd have sent Kovacic off immediately then gone back to book Ceballos. Frank's error yesterday was not taking Jorginho off sooner and switching system the moment Pulisic went off.

Also:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rule-alexis-sanchez-chelsea-arsenal-cup-final

He's just a terrible referee. He's officiated two finals in the space of a few years and come out as the talking point in both. Apparently we conceded 14 fouls, Arsenal just 2.... 2 in the space of 90 minutes.

As much as it pains me Arsenal were the better team, but only the most myopic supporter would think Taylor didn't have a major influence over it.

Judging by your name you are Chelsea fan. Arsenal were just better full stop. Didn't even have a shot on goal in the second half!

I could easily argue that the ref was on Chelsea's side in the semi final as your guys had 18 fouls without a single card.

Back
Top Bottom