• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fable Legends: AMD and Nvidia go head-to-head in latest DirectX 12 benchmark

Caporegime
Don't get dragged with him to his fate, ignore from here on...

What, I'm genuinely gave you an apology, because I have seen posts in other forums by humbug that are extremely anti nvidia and pro AMD. You claim that is not you, I can't prove either way so I am apologizing for blaming it on you.

Man of Honour
What, I'm genuinely gave you an apology, because I have seen posts in other forums by humbug that are extremely anti nvidia and pro AMD. You claim that is not you, I can't prove either way so I am apologizing for blaming it on you.

If its the forums I think I believe he posts as manycores? or something like that and isn't that humbug.

EDIT: Abundant cores even - I checked awhile back as some of them were talking **** about me in the private section not knowing/realising I have mod rights there.

Last edited:
Soldato
the word 'Fable' has not been mentioned, apart from title and here, in the past three pages, this thread needs some serious housekeeping doing to it. :(

What happened to :

Any more off topic rubbish, trolling, thread derailment will be meet with a suspension with no more warnings given.

Permabanned
Fable Fable, Fable, Fable.

I hope that improves the averages a bit, Seriously though it is a shame it always turns into an us and them thing.

As for Fable, How can I get hold of the benchmark?

Caporegime
the word 'Fable' has not been mentioned, apart from title and here, in the past three pages, this thread needs some serious housekeeping doing to it. :(

What happened to :

The thread was doomed from the very first post. Even after shanky's shenanigans we get posts like this:
Isn't it a Nvidia title, what's the excuse this time?:p
What, do you expect will happen to the rest of the thread.

TBH, this thread should be deleted and a new thread started with a List of all the independent benchmarks. But what is it people want to achieve, it will fall down the same route of people baselessly accusing nvidia of cheating/not being as good as Dx12/ no reference cards/Nvidia async is terrible, and the moment anyone tries to interject facts or a balanced argument they will get drowned out with more rubbish. And yeah you will get people the other side of the fence make baseless junk about AMD, but that direction seems pretty scarce on OCUK.

Just look at the ashes benchmark thread, pages upon pages of factless rubbish and baseless accusations copied from other forums that all turned out to be junk. The benchmark itself was useless to discuss anything about Dx12 performance.

Really, there are only 2 things you can do. Have a single post thread with links to all reviews/benchmarks and lock it down, or let people discuss and get the pages of junk. People will post rubbish others will point out the rubbish, still others will make troll bait comments, etc.

Caporegime
Game performs well on everything. Close thread.

Pretty much this.
The only remotely interesting thing about the benchmark is the 390x does do quite well against Fiji, everything else is as expected really.

Since no one here programmed the game engine or AMD/nvidia drivers there is pretty much nothing intelligent anyone can say here based on facts.

Caporegime
DX12 is a fable tbh, no games out that use it. A few benchmarks where people argue about how it does on current cards. Which will be obsolete by the time we see it used.

Pretty much, it also gets hyped up as some savior of PC gaming that will give massive performance boosts and improve your sex life, or some such nonsense.

It's the same every DX release, a great way for AMD and Nvidia to try and sell more cards well before they are actually needed, and by th time actual games comes out using it the next round of cards will be here and the old ones will be too slow to run all the eye candy anyway.

Caporegime
I don't understand why this thread is such a "Hoo Haa", from everything we have seen, Nvidia are owning in the top end (as follows suit to all the other bench threads). I don't get why all the fuss, as it has become standard practice in all of the bench threads???

Caporegime
Pretty much, it also gets hyped up as some savior of PC gaming that will give massive performance boosts and improve your sex life, or some such nonsense.

It's the same every DX release, a great way for AMD and Nvidia to try and sell more cards well before they are actually needed, and by th time actual games comes out using it the next round of cards will be here and the old ones will be too slow to run all the eye candy anyway.
Pretty much, I bought a 980ti. Not for DX12 support. It was the fastest card available at the time. In this game there is no such thing as future proof. GCN is being touted as a big thing now even on AMD 200 series. All well and good but as games get more demanding that goes out the window. This generation of cards from either vendor are not the ones for DX12.

Caporegime
Pretty much, I bought a 980ti. Not for DX12 support. It was the fastest card available at the time. In this game there is no such thing as future proof. GCN is being touted as a big thing now even on AMD 200 series. All well and good but as games get more demanding that goes out the window. This generation of cards from either vendor are not the ones for DX12.

See this is good for AMD and GCN is looking fantastic for cards like the 390/X. For those wanting more, there is the 980Ti and it is a mile ahead of the Fury X and miles cheaper. I don't get why anyone would defend the FX after seeing how it performs and overclocks.

Caporegime
I don't understand why this thread is such a "Hoo Haa", from everything we have seen, Nvidia are owning in the top end (as follows suit to all the other bench threads). I don't get why all the fuss, as it has become standard practice in all of the bench threads???

I think some people were very disappointed to see the fastest DX11 card is also the fastest DX12 card, in this one benchmark.

Caporegime
See this is good for AMD and GCN is looking fantastic for cards like the 390/X. For those wanting more, there is the 980Ti and it is a mile ahead of the Fury X and miles cheaper. I don't get why anyone would defend the FX after seeing how it performs and overclocks.

Indeed.

I think anyone who has a 290X with a decent cooler can be really happy with results like this, bargain card. Everything else is pretty much as expected.

Caporegime
Indeed.

I think anyone who has a 290X with a decent cooler can be really happy with results like this, bargain card. Everything else is pretty much as expected.

Agreed, the 290/X and rebranded 390/X is really doing well compared to its brethren. I had a 290X and part of me now wishes I had kept it :(

Back
Top Bottom