Fabric chairs

Soldato
Anyone know of any chairs that are fabric based rather than leather? I know of the nitroconcept ones which do look good to me, but wondered about any others from reputable companies?

I have never got on with leather for an office chair but it seems to dominate the 'gaming chair' market. I am looking at gaming chairs this time round as my last few chairs that are just desk/office chairs have not been that comfortable after a few months. Hoping a gaming chair may be better?

Associate
Have a look at the Secret Lab range. They do a fabric chair in a couple of different colours. I've never used one so can't vouch for the quality though

Soldato
OP
Since OP I have actually seen the Nobelchair Icon series and, yes it is leather, but it actually looks rather comfortable. Doubt they do a fabric one though.

I will check out secret lab. Thanks

Soldato
My Steelcase Think is fabric with a mesh back which many workstation chairs are and is super comfy.

Have a look at some decent chair manufacturers like Humanscale, Steelcase and Herman Miller. Seems to be plenty of office furniture refurbishers about now and you can usually grab a bargain.

Soldato
OP
Just been looking on 2ndhnd.com. I cannot fathom why some chairs state they were over a thousand when they look really cheap.

So difficult not being able to test them out. I miss Staples at times like theses.

Associate
I've championed them a lot now, but I got a Secret Labs Titan 2020 last year, and oh my god it's amazing. Opted for the softweave in charcoal/blue and it's still as good as new, even after a year of 16+ hours a day in it :)

Soldato
OP
Nitro Concepts S300 is fabric too if you wanted something more affordable.

Yea this is the first one I started to look at. This, the secretlab and the Nobelchair Icon are now contenders. I am also still looking at non-gamer options but they all seem so corporate and uncomfortable.

Associate
Nitro Concepts S300 is fabric too if you wanted something more affordable.
I ended up having this over a Noblechairs Hero.

Bought the Hero, sent it back after trying to get used to it for 4 days. I was told it would go softer on forums.

Just much preferred sitting in the s300 fabric and kept it since.

Soldato
OP
I ended up having this over a Noblechairs Hero.

Bought the Hero, sent it back after trying to get used to it for 4 days. I was told it would go softer on forums.

Just much preferred sitting in the s300 fabric and kept it since.

I am still weighing up options and choices. The Nobelchairs are about £100 more than the S300 but are they £100 better?

Associate
I am still weighing up options and choices. The Nobelchairs are about £100 more than the S300 but are they £100 better?

This is just my opinion. Aesthetically the Noble will impress you much more on first glance. It's obvious they make quality stuff.

So like you I was hypnotized by the notion it "looked better" - not all GAMERZ RULE and more understated - nice quality touches

On my first testing with the pair, I preferred the s300, it was immediately more comfy and I desired fabric. I'm guessing for the same reasons as you, cooler in hot weather and softer touch.

I plumped for the Hero because I was told it would soften, it looked more upmarket and it must be better because it was more expensive?!

I hated every minute i sat in it.

Aside from when I pulled it into place and it glided smoothly and silently across the floor.

When it came to sitting down, the s300 was wonderful for me. The lumbar and neck pillows work for me too.

In conclusion, I couldn't believe I was keeping over £100 in my case AND getting a chair I liked far more.

I'm so happy I'd buy another one in the future.

Associate
I'm in the same boat as you. I think it'd prefer a fabric chair, was tempted by the likes of Secretlabs and Noblechair, but have seen more than enough iffy reviews of both to put doubt in my mind about drop ~£400 on one.
I'm now torn between the GT Omega Pro XL, or the Nitro Concepts S300, both being ~£250. Both I can find in stock - the Pro XL directly from GT Omega, and the S300 in the camo design which i actually quite like.

Associate
I'm in the same boat as you. I think it'd prefer a fabric chair, was tempted by the likes of Secretlabs and Noblechair, but have seen more than enough iffy reviews of both to put doubt in my mind about drop ~£400 on one.
I'm now torn between the GT Omega Pro XL, or the Nitro Concepts S300, both being ~£250. Both I can find in stock - the Pro XL directly from GT Omega, and the S300 in the camo design which i actually quite like.

I'm sure you are going to think I'm making this up now but I've tried the GT Omega Pro but not the XL. I found that to be too narrow and I could see the steel bars underneath the fabric. It is nicely made though. I can't advise on the XL but I know if it was the regular one I would suggest the s300 is better imho.

The other issue with Secretlabs - which I think look excellent btw, is there long delivery times at the moment. Also they seem to get the same reports of being very stiff as the noblechairs. Though I must add I have NEVER sat in a Secretlabs :)

Associate
Thanks for that review. I am leaning towards the nitroconcept I think. Looking around though, no one has any stock for at least a month which is a shame.

Gaming chairs are in hot demand now aren't they? When I bought the s300, I'm fairly certain it was this week only OCUK deal that was cheaper than they are now. Of course, that's just how it changes. We'd all like it to be cheaper eh :)

Back
Top Bottom