Facebook???

I don't like the role facebook has changed into with constant targeted ads and click bait with very little status updates from friends. And all those pictures with words on that people say are memes that aren't memes. It used to be better when you could like pages such as 'being delighted' or 'you dropped your gay card'.

Ahh, those memes that aren't really I think they're called "forced memes". There is a topic on this on Encyclopaedia Dramatica.

Btw, where about on Facebook pages do the fake news links appear? My mum clicked on some clickbait that read "Judi Dench has died" or [insert random celeb] has died, then the next thing she knew was her computer got locked out by ransomware. I've looked at Facebook pages and I don't see these ads / news links. So just wondered where about they show up?

Also, what's all this fuss about hash tags? It's on the news every day. I know what meta tags are... you put them inside of HTML pages (near the top of the source code) so that they get picked up by the search engines. I just don't quite "get" the hash tag fad yet.

Man of Honour
I don't like the role facebook has changed into with constant targeted ads and click bait with very little status updates from friends. And all those pictures with words on that people say are memes that aren't memes. It used to be better when you could like pages such as 'being delighted' or 'you dropped your gay card'.

other than the adverts you don't see any of the other stuff unless you follow such people/groups, and that's your fault if you do and dislike it.

Man of Honour
other than the adverts you don't see any of the other stuff unless you follow such people/groups, and that's your fault if you do and dislike it.

Yup - I have 90+% of that rubbish filtered out and/or just aren't friends with people who spam it too much. Facebook is largely what you make of it.

Soldato
Indeed, they say Facebook is not on but spend their lives on a forum, there is some weird ways people on here I must say.
I quit Facebook but stay on here because even GD is far more intelligent and engaging than most of the nonsense and toxic rubbish on FB these days. It has its uses but I think there are better solutions in many cases.

Personally I was worried that I'd started to become one of the scrolling zombies I always complain about - plus there was to much fake/depressing stuff on there. Now using Telegram for hobbies instead which works great. :D

Back
Top Bottom