Faggots

Permabanned
Used to have them all the time when I was younger, now they just run straight through me sadly so have had to cut them out of my diet :(

It's the same with minced beef in general now :(

Soldato
Used to have them all the time when I was younger, now they just run straight through me sadly so have had to cut them out of my diet :(

It's the same with minced beef in general now :(

Whilst a slightly different taste, have you considered moving to pork mince? We've done it for most of our meals as my wife has a bit of trouble digesting beef and it's done wonders :)

Soldato
Nothing like proper Black Country Faggots from a butcher served with grey peas and potatoes, my mouth is watering at the thought and now I'm going to have to drive over to my favourite butchers in West Brom tomorrow to pick some up since the dark nights are drawing in :D

Associate
Not far off a pork haggis, then - love haggis, but never seen faggots in N.Ireland - haggis is probably a much bigger seller. Think I'd like them made by a butcher, but not "Mr Brains" - it's probably a bit like tinned haggis, tastes far too strongly of lungs - I presume because there isn't much else use for them and they do have a strong flavour (particularly if the sheep smoked a lot of cigars), so bound to be the cheapest offal about and too much goes in to the cheap stuff!

Back
Top Bottom