failing hard drive

Associate
Can someone help me out and tell me if my hard drives are in good health, would be very great full indeed, i have a few screenshots below from crystal disc info, thanks.

2w1uufk.png

2ylp4ix.png

Associate
OP
i agree about the backup thing, do you suggest a certain way of doing it, ie what software, dvd or usb stick.... thanks for the reply :)

Soldato
i agree about the backup thing, do you suggest a certain way of doing it, ie what software, dvd or usb stick.... thanks for the reply :)

I have learned a serious lesson recently - lost my files when a hard drive died without warning - so I suggest you backup ideally to a spare hard drive, and dvd as well for anything you cannot afford to lose. You may want to consider also saving to skydrive or some similar cloud storage for extra protection.

Another excellent safeguard is to use Macrium reflect free edition which allows you to image your drive and store the image offline i.e., cd/dvd/hard drive or you could even save a copy to the cloud as well.

Need any more help - just shout.

Mark

Associate
I used to repair computers, and whatever I went to fix, I always asked them about backing up their data. I didn't sell drives, so it was a service of free advice. They call me when things go wrong, and it's the one thing I can't help them with is the drive is completely dead. I've seen enough tears from people who have not backed up.

Always have a backup of some sort if you value the data. Automatic backup is best. If you can make an offline backup of the most important data (like pictures of your kid), then do it. Google drive is a free option for a relatively small amount of data, like a folder full of important documents.

While some HDs last for years, the failure rate of drives is 6% to 8% per year.

Back
Top Bottom