** Fallout 4 Next Gen 2024 - MODS & TWEAKS **

Caporegime
81861-1714518427-163690197.png

First Steps

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Fallout4prefs.ini ( Change this to your resolution if the launcher isn't working )

iSize H=1440
iSize W=3440

bFull Screen=1
bBorderless=1

bMBEnable=0
bDoDepthOfField=0

Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Fallout4.ini

[General]
sLanguage=en
uGridsToLoad=5
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
bDisableAllGore=0
bAllowConsole=1 <-- Add this

In Game

• FOV FIX

Open your console in game by using the ~ key during gameplay
Type 'fov 95 95' (or whatever your FOV pref is), press enter
Then type saveini in the same console and enter ( It should stall for a second as it saves )
Then close the console command option

Main Install ( When installing mods, always make sure to load the game via F4SE! )

• Vortex Mod Manager ( MUST HAVE FOR INSTALLING ANY FALLOUT 4 MODS ).
Vortex, the new mod manager made by Nexus Mods.

• Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)
The Fallout 4 Script Extender, or F4SE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Fallout 4. It does so without modifying the executable files on disk, so there are no permanent side effects.

• High FPS Physics Fix

Untie the game speed from the framerate. Fixes physical bugs. Reduces loading time.

Graphics Mods

• Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice
Vivid Fallout is an overhaul of all landscape textures, but also trees, rocks, roads, bridges and some concrete stuff.

• Vivid Fallout - Trees - Best Choice
More performance friendly than original textures while being 2k!

• NXGEN - Nice Bush
Replaces the forsythia and hedgerow bushes in the game with ones of much higher quality.

• Roads Redone 4K-2K
Completely overhauled asphalt roads with new high quality 4k or 2k textures (Pick 2K option)

• Vivid Fallout - Thicket Excavations Quarry 1k-2k-4k - Complex Parallax Support
The long overdue overhault of the marble quarry in 1k, 2k, HD and Best Choice size.

• Vivid Fallout - Armor Workbench (Workstation) 1k-2k-4k - Complex Parallax Support
Time to improve the good old workbenches. Made them more rusty and worn down. As always in 1k, 2k, HD and Best Choice size. Reduced V-Ram usage for 1k and Best Choice compared to original.

Creatures/Wildlife

• Wasteland Creatures Redone - Retexture Compilation
2K Diffuse and Normals
1K Specular Maps
Performance friendly
True to Vanilla textures

Clothing

• FO4FI HD Series (HD Vanilla Armor)
This mod improves the armor quality to HD quality. This mod is better than HD DLC textures

• FO4FI HD Series (HD DLC Clothes and Armor)
This mod improves all armor and clothing from ALL DLC to HD quality.

• FO4FI HD Series (VaultSuit)
This mod is the first of a series of mods to improve the original textures. This mod improves all VaultSuit textures from the original game.

• FO4FI HD Series (HD Vanilla Clothes)
This mod improves the look of ALL Vanilla clothes to HD quality.

• FO4FI HD Series (HD Power Armor)
This mod improves the PA (Power Armor) quality to HD quality.

Sky/Weather Mods

• Vivid Weathers - Fallout 4 Edition - a Weather Mod and Climate Overhaul

• Better Moons
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Fallout 4's universe with a mod offering 4K and 2K texture variants for the moons Masser and Secunda

PIP BOY Mods

• Improved Map with Visible Roads
A much better high contrast world map with roads, topography, and waterline all clearly visible. Optional number grid and regions.

Performance

• Insignificant Object Remover
Safely removes insignificant objects to improve performance without visual degradation.

Lighting Mods ( Recommended )

• Enhanced Lights and FX
Enhanced Lights and FX has the goal to create a more atmospheric and realistic lighting. It overhauls the lights, effects, ambient light and creates a new mood for interiors.

ENB (Personal Preference)
  • DECENT ENB gives you natural image and good performance.
((Vivid Weathers. Make sure the option "Natural Bright Colors" is chosen while re-installing Vivid Weathers))

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Improved Map with Visible Roads

A much better high contrast world map with roads, topography, and waterline all clearly visible. Optional number grid and regions.

Also make sure you have enabled modding by adding following lines into Fallout4Custom.ini:
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Might want to post the mods in the first post as well, since if this grow the half size of the Skyrim mod thread, it be a pain to find all mod suggestions ?? :p

I will do, once the main FSE is updated :) - For now I'll be posting mods under it, then do a big update to the OP :) :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I hear loading is faster in this version of the game. Does it do anything else? I mean why not just mod the old version?

Sure you could do that! I'm in no rush though, played Fallout 4 and completed it years ago... I can't seem to get FOV to work though. Tried ' then FOV 100, and it works until you come out of the console command and it resets back to default :/

Caporegime
OP
Good news, Vivid Weathers is working with Next Gen so far!

Vivid Weathers - Fallout 4 Edition - a Weather Mod and Climate Overhaul

fallout4custom.ini:
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
OP
Also one of the best ENB's for the game works with Next Gen and Vivid Weathers!

VOGUE ENB - Realism

This ENB preset aims to make Fallout 4 more immersive, real looking, and atmospheric. It is designed for gameplay, so FPS hit should be minimal. Nights are darker, textures are crisper, and the overall color palette has been adjusted to be more realistic. This preset is true to the original look and feel and should be suitable for your first playthrough. I use Vivid Weathers, so the mod looks best with that installed.

Although make sure to turn off the ENB frame rate limiter by pressing Shift+Enter and unticking it, then saving. The ENB limiter makes everything feel sluggish

Caporegime
OP
I recall there being an issue with FOV, default is horrid but changing it in an INI seemed to cause an issue somewhere I forget.

Yep, it's so annoying!

Try changing FOV in game and it resets as soon as you leave the console command
Changing FOV in the ini file and it messes up some parts of the UI and other bits

In this day and age all first and third person games should have a FOV setting :mad:

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Safely removes insignificant objects to improve performance without visual degradation.

Q: Can you provide me with a wall of text explaining EVERYTHING?
A: Those little rocks, twigs, bits of concrete, and piles of rubble in the screenshots aren't physical objects in the game world. It's actually GRASS that's generated on the fly using PARAMETERS initialized when you launch the game. I'm essentially removing 1/4 of all the grass you don't see to try and net older systems a few additional FPS.

Caporegime
OP
I’ve never modded a game before but ive been reading about Wabbajacks modlists this weekend. I’ve downloaded the Wabbajack launcher is it really just a case of clicking the pack you want and it pretty much does it for you?

I've used Wabbajack before and I found it to be a royal *** pain. Most of them are out of date with the latest mod changes...

Lots of people swear by the Wabbajack packs, but me personally I prefer to control everything from step 1 :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Back
Top Bottom