** Fallout 4 Next Gen 2024 - MODS & TWEAKS **

Soldato
I will do, once the main FSE is updated :) - For now I'll be posting mods under it, then do a big update to the OP :) :D

Fair enough and they are working on it. From the F4SE page over at Nexus by ianpatt:

2024-04-27: The first step of the update process is done, doing a first pass at updating all of the addresses for the new version of the game. Another long step begins now, validating the addresses and seeing if there were any structure layout changes. This would not benefit from external testing.

Caporegime
OP
I hear loading is faster in this version of the game. Does it do anything else? I mean why not just mod the old version?

Sure you could do that! I'm in no rush though, played Fallout 4 and completed it years ago... I can't seem to get FOV to work though. Tried ' then FOV 100, and it works until you come out of the console command and it resets back to default :/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sure you could do that! I'm in no rush though, played Fallout 4 and completed it years ago... I can't seem to get FOV to work though. Tried ' then FOV 100, and it works until you come out of the console command and it resets back to default :/

I played and completed it on release. That was ages ago obviously. Still drawn to it right now though.

Caporegime
OP
Good news, Vivid Weathers is working with Next Gen so far!

Vivid Weathers - Fallout 4 Edition - a Weather Mod and Climate Overhaul

fallout4custom.ini:
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
OP
Also one of the best ENB's for the game works with Next Gen and Vivid Weathers!

VOGUE ENB - Realism

This ENB preset aims to make Fallout 4 more immersive, real looking, and atmospheric. It is designed for gameplay, so FPS hit should be minimal. Nights are darker, textures are crisper, and the overall color palette has been adjusted to be more realistic. This preset is true to the original look and feel and should be suitable for your first playthrough. I use Vivid Weathers, so the mod looks best with that installed.

Although make sure to turn off the ENB frame rate limiter by pressing Shift+Enter and unticking it, then saving. The ENB limiter makes everything feel sluggish

Caporegime
OP
I recall there being an issue with FOV, default is horrid but changing it in an INI seemed to cause an issue somewhere I forget.

Yep, it's so annoying!

Try changing FOV in game and it resets as soon as you leave the console command
Changing FOV in the ini file and it messes up some parts of the UI and other bits

In this day and age all first and third person games should have a FOV setting :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, it's so annoying!

Try changing FOV in game and it resets as soon as you leave the console command
Changing FOV in the ini file and it messes up some parts of the UI and other bits

In this day and age all first and third person games should have a FOV setting :mad:
Try opening console then doing command 'fov 95 95' (or whatever your pref is)
then saveini in console

*should* remember it afterwards...

Last edited:
Soldato
Try opening console then doing command 'fov 95 95' (or whatever your pref is)
then saveini in console

*should* remember it afterwards...

By god he's right. Quite happy with everything vanilla but that FOV stopped me enjoying it.

I played and completed it on release. That was ages ago obviously. Still drawn to it right now though.

No no, go back to that turn based 'miss', 'miss', 'miss', BG3 combat.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Safely removes insignificant objects to improve performance without visual degradation.

Q: Can you provide me with a wall of text explaining EVERYTHING?
A: Those little rocks, twigs, bits of concrete, and piles of rubble in the screenshots aren't physical objects in the game world. It's actually GRASS that's generated on the fly using PARAMETERS initialized when you launch the game. I'm essentially removing 1/4 of all the grass you don't see to try and net older systems a few additional FPS.

Associate
Not to deny anyone their "fun", but for the rest of us we now live in a post-Wabbajack world and can leave that kind of "fun" to the modlist authors

I’ve never modded a game before but ive been reading about Wabbajacks modlists this weekend. I’ve downloaded the Wabbajack launcher is it really just a case of clicking the pack you want and it pretty much does it for you?

Caporegime
OP
I’ve never modded a game before but ive been reading about Wabbajacks modlists this weekend. I’ve downloaded the Wabbajack launcher is it really just a case of clicking the pack you want and it pretty much does it for you?

I've used Wabbajack before and I found it to be a royal *** pain. Most of them are out of date with the latest mod changes...

Lots of people swear by the Wabbajack packs, but me personally I prefer to control everything from step 1 :D

Last edited:
Associate
More or less. You obviously need a NexusMods account and unless you are on premium you will have to click for each mod Wabbajack needs to download.
The rest it pretty much does for you.
I've used Wabbajack before and I found it to be a royal *** pain. Most of them are out of date with the latest mod changes...

Lots of people swear by the Wabbajack packs, but me personally I prefer to control everything from step 1 :D
Always depends on how much work people want to do. The more popular modlist tend to get updated soon enough but most of the big modlist compilation authors have abandoned some of their older lists. And trying to move a save from one to another... Very risky.

Or how many mods they want.

Texture mods and similar are anyway simple enough - installing tons of mods which touch the same part of the game and sorting out load orders, scripts, LODs is a lot harder.
Plenty of guides out there but for starting out Wabbajack is great.

Of course, if you later want to modify a Wabbajack list. Well sometimes just adding one extra mod can break the whole modlist. Kind of expected since some of the modlist are huge - more so for SSE where there are list with close to 2,000 mods.

Back
Top Bottom